[UNABLE TO REPRODUCE]Ka-50 Banking Right Bug!

Murey2

With any fixed wing, do we trim rudder to counter this? No. We trim for wings level.

If it's a big enough asymmetry I will start with rudder trim first, then finish with aileron trim.. it substantially improves the handling quality. Adding adverse yaw to a drag asymmetry greatly complicates the task of trimming the aircraft I've found. Try it sometime. Center the ball with trim first, then trim for steady bank.

That's how I trimmed this bad boy out for hands off flight.

attachment.php?attachmentid=220560&d=1572882726

Edited by randomTOTEN

What's curious to me, and something I never paid attention to, is whether the weight of the gun rounds is taken into consideration, and where they are physically stored on the aircraft.

As the aircraft expends its GUN ammunition, does the lean to the right become less pronounced?

I've never paid enough attention in the past, but I assure you I will be checking in the future.

Edited to add the word "GUN".

Edited by Baaz

What's curious to me, and something I never paid attention to, is whether the weight of the gun rounds is taken into consideration, and where they are physically stored on the aircraft.

As the aircraft expends its GUN ammunition, does the lean to the right become less pronounced?

I've never paid enough attention in the past, but I assure you I will be checking in the future.

Edited to add the word "GUN".

I'm not sure but I believe that it's calculated already because GUN ammo have weight already... it should be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
- Play DCS Ka-50 for 10+ years

- notice something weird is happening

- take it to the forum

- people tell you it has always been that way

- useless arguments

- don't get anywhere

Such a great community.

Happy to check issues out, but as I have already mentioned

Hi

I am unable to reproduce on my machine, and no changes have been made to the Ka-50 flight model that I am aware of.

I will ask other testers to try, and see if they have the problem, but unless we can reproduce we can not report.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Thanks for the track, but I am still not able to reproduce, nineline has also tried and I have had another tester from the ED team check also and no changes have been made to the flight model.

I'm not sure what to suggest next other than check calibration on your devices.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Not able to reproduce the issue here either, sorry.

Thanks for the track, but I am still not able to reproduce, nineline has also tried and I have had another tester from the ED team check also and no changes have been made to the flight model.

I'm not sure what to suggest next other than check calibration on your devices.

Thank you

Thank you guys but problem still there! I'm and others are sure about it Check below... I'm dead sure it wasn't this way. Also when cockpit update ruin the landing lights... Now what could ruin the Flight Model!? Maybe Missiles data change?! Or something else... Anyway it's still there.

Fixed my track recording, so please have a look at this.

I'm not touching roll or yaw at all and around 100kph the bank becomes pretty obvious. This wasn't the case previously.

The controller overlay does show up in replays, right?

If it does pay close attention to it!

Once I accelerate I'm NOT touching roll or yaw at all. The helicopter starts banking right on its own as speed increases. The controller overlay clearly shows this.

If it was a problem with my calibration it would show up on the controller overlay. It would also be very funny if everybody here suddenly had the same calibration issue.

Speaking of which: I'm a TM Cougar user and the device has been manually calibrated. Rudder works fine and the pitch & roll pots have been replaced with magnetic sensors. Everything works perfectly everywhere (Windows devices, Thrustmaster Control panel, DCS axis properties), so there is no way this is a problem with my calibration.

The controller overlay does show up in replays, right?

If it does pay close attention to it!

Once I accelerate I'm NOT touching roll or yaw at all. The helicopter starts banking right on its own as speed increases. The controller overlay clearly shows this.

If it was a problem with my calibration it would show up on the controller overlay. It would also be very funny if everybody here suddenly had the same calibration issue.

Speaking of which: I'm a TM Cougar user and the device has been manually calibrated. Rudder works fine and the pitch & roll pots have been replaced with magnetic sensors. Everything works perfectly everywhere (Windows devices, Thrustmaster Control panel, DCS axis properties), so there is no way this is a problem with my calibration.

i slowly start to want clarify your issue isnt an issue ( IMO what i looked up on the rackfiles ) or be teached by you so pls tell me wehn youre flying and stream your sortie live on doscord so i can tell you what youre doing wrong . THANKS

Been flying the Ka-50 since its first release and suddenly I'm doing something wrong that causes the chopper to bank? And other people are suddenly making the exact same mistake? Seriously?

Go ahead, I really wanna read this.

Say, did anybody post a track showing the bank not happening by now?

If my issue wasn't an issue this thread wouldn't be labeled "unable to reproduce" but "correct as is".