IFLOS easier to see/read?

Steel Jaw

I'd suggest ED to implement some kind of mirror of those lights (the IFLOLS as well as the other one for the localizer) to the RCtrl+Enter overlay of the Hornet, or just do it the way Heatblur did with the Tomcat (the colored boxes thing).

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Well, shipmates, I have a 27" monitor with grafic settings maxed and at 3/4 mile cant see it worth spit. Certainly not usable for me.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Curses! I'd recommend using zoom to help you then sir, while not ideal, it could help to zoom in further than you would normally do so you can see the ball and start ball flying as soon as you get in the groove, then approaching the ramp zoom out to your normal zoom level.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I see the OP's point and agree.

If you (in that screenshot) remove the needles, things change. You're now getting the "Low" from deck spotting and experience of correct sight picture until the lights appear.

This will all be in some part resolved by LSO feedback (hopefully).

Personally the biggest problem for me is the lights are often blocked by the left hud readouts. So other than winding down the hud brightness or moving my head around a lot I think the meatball needs to be intensified.

I add that I'm also old(ish), use glasses and have an average 1080 monitor.

Mower, your fov is too big for 27" unless you sit like 20cm from it. Look for true fov to see the angular sizes a pilot would and your spotting will greatly improve.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Yup,

I got egg on my face here. :doh:

I had to zoom in a little bit to see the ball centered...oops. Would have helped if I had seen the ICLS needles were centered. :P

My bad. I'll try and take a screenshot in the same position and see if it looks the same.

I do stand by my assertion that it's "usable"... even if I *personally* lack the ability to read it!

EDIT: Nah, I'm gonna stick with my original judgement. Here's a compilation of some screenshots to explain.

YbEplkj.jpg

Mower, either you've got a graphical issue, or that's not a visible ball.. and we're misinterpreting a ball that's not there. This is what I see when I turn final.. ball is clearly visible.

Edited by randomTOTEN

If you zoom in on pretty much anything, it will be visible. With everything else to watch during an approach, zooming in is too much, and the HUD figures are in the way. In real life, the ball obviously is easily seen. We are all using a monitor. This is a game, so give us a break and make the iiflos more visible.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

vAUqz9w.jpg

There's something wrong with Mower's IFOLS. Likely related to a graphics setting or some mod. Excessive zooming shouldn't be required.. I only zoomed in to highlight the differences. Just like this photo is expanded to the extreme.. there's a color difference here... I don't know why, and it does appear to make his ball harder to see (or perhaps I was not expecting to see that color?).

Is this affecting anybody else too? I originally thought it was CLARA.

Edited by randomTOTEN

I wish they would paint that sensor ball, radra cover, or whatever the heck it is that is right behind (forward of) the IFOLS dark grey or something other than the bright white it is now. That dang thing is always a distraction when I am in the groove. :wallbash:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]