RX 570 8gb or 1060 6gb

Going to a 1060 would be far better (or even a 1070 8gb if you can afford it) see these comparisons side by side versus an RX 570

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB-vs-AMD-RX-570/3639vs3924

you won't see a huge jump going from an i5 to an i7 unless the clock difference is large or if it's a newer tech.

Edited by Mustang

I certainly do not wish to dissuade anyone from upgrading their graphics card , but the upgrade may well not address the root cause of your stuttering . In my own experience , i had a 1060 3gb running butter-smooth in the Caucasus at 1080p . Have you tried Afterburner to see what is going on ? What is your monitor resolution/refresh rate ? DCS settings ? Windows and Nvidea CP set to performance ? CPU speed ? Are you using TiR ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I prefer to keep AMD chips with AMD chips and Intel chips with Intel chips. It always seems to work better.

On a different note however - I have a 4GB 570 on my build and the VRAM is always maxed out, don't neglect the VRAM even if it means a slightly lower GPU.

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming

Yep , problem does not appear to be GPU . You are actually running MUCH lower settings in DCS than i did with the same card . Advise checking Vsync in DCS , and capping framerates to 60 in Nvidea CP . Also , make sure you're running DCS in full-screen mode .

I was running butter-smooth with

Water high

Civilian traffic medium

Cockpit shadows medium

Visibility extreme

MSAA x4

AF 16

Global illumination on

All this while running Voiceattack and TiR , and it was impossible to break Vsync solo anywhere in the Caucasus .

Are you running DCS on an SSD ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2