pre-program waypoints...need help locating file

fitness88

I have most of the airfield threshold GPS co-ordinates to setup waypoints however I'd rather not have to manually input them each mission.

Besides setting waypoints up in the mission editor, does anyone know the location of the file that possibly supports pre-programmed waypoints?

Thank you.

You should be able to unzip the .miz file that you built and find them in there.

Not sure what you're saying. I haven't built any mission template with all the waypoints I want in it. Are you suggesting building a template if so how would I be able to use the pre-installed waypoints when flying other missions either solo or multi-player?

OK I have a couple of questions...

First what Theater? Nevada, Caucasus? Normandy or Persian Gulf?

Probably the easiest way would be to use CombatFlite (combatflite.com) to create a template with the NAV pointsyou want to use then add them to the mission.

Create the NAV template...

Import the DCS MIZ file...

Add the CF template...

Export the CF file back to a miz.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

OK I have a couple of questions...

First what Theater? Nevada, Caucasus? Normandy or Persian Gulf?

Probably the easiest way would be to use CombatFlite (combatflite.com) to create a template with the NAV pointsyou want to use then add them to the mission.

Create the NAV template...

Import the DCS MIZ file...

Add the CF template...

Export the CF file back to a miz.

I don't want to work with having to do templates with each mission, don't think it'll work with MP. What I want to do is create a mod that will load and populate my waypoints each time I fly. There are 3 separate sequences for wp, I would put them in seq. 2 or 3 so as not to conflict with mission waypoints.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your intent. You could add a large number of Initial Point locations with the ME and the A-10 can call all of them up in the Nav Database and build a flight plan within it's avionics.

For Harrier and Hornet, that is not the case right now.

Sierra99 is correct about using CF to create a master "template" mission that you would modify on top of for each sortie so to speak.

It sounds to me like you want stored flight plans that can then be called up individually within the Nav Database. I haven't messed with the A-10 avionics in a while and I will need to refresh my memory on the actual DCS capability vs. real world.

How many waypoints are in each flight plan?

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your intent. You could add a large number of Initial Point locations with the ME and the A-10 can call all of them up in the Nav Database and build a flight plan within it's avionics.

For Harrier and Hornet, that is not the case right now.

Sierra99 is correct about using CF to create a master "template" mission that you would modify on top of for each sortie so to speak.

It sounds to me like you want stored flight plans that can then be called up individually within the Nav Database. I haven't messed with the A-10 avionics in a while and I will need to refresh my memory on the actual DCS capability vs. real world.

How many waypoints are in each flight plan?

I'm referring to the F-18C, mostly PG and Cuacasus.

I was thinking there may be a lua file that I could mod, they are very easy to work with. Creating templates for unbuilt missions I already do that but never created a template to import another mission on top of it...that might be the only way to go.

Thanks to you, Sierra99, Backy 51 and Nero.ger for your input.

I was thinking there may be a lua file that I could mod, they are very easy to work with. Creating templates for unbuilt missions I already do that but never created a template to import another mission on top of it...that might be the only way to go.

Okay. For F-18 at the present you would have to create your master string of waypoints in a saved mission. Can't remember max number off top of my head but it might be 60. Then, clone/resave that mission with new name, add new other aircraft/vehicle/ship content. During Before Taxi, build a flight plan with the F-18 avionics … 1-2-3-11-17-43 for example. IRL we call these spider points because I guess it's like a spider web of points inside a given airspace. Works particularly well with GARS and killboxes.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fitness,

If you Download and install CombatFlite, I will share the templates I have with you and we can get on Teamspeak or Discord and I can walk ya through using them and modifying them to suit your needs. It sounds daunting but it's actually pretty easy once ya have the basics down.

PM me and let me know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.