Bug: MiG-29A/G/S Not working 1 flap position.

Quetzalkoatl

As title says all MiG-29s suffer from not working 1 flap position.

Working ones are Flaps Up (0%) and Landing Flaps (100%).

There should be one more position that's in cockpit called: взлет (take-off) that should be 50%(?).

I expected it to work as in Su-25 - that means button F pulls flaps up and to take off position and LShift+F to full extend - then LCtrl+F retract them or if needed F sets them back to t/o position.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that...

Well, that's it - hope someone in ED gonna fix it after this bug report, becuase MiG-29 before it got PFM, it had similar problem. So I assume that nobody spotted this before me.

Cheers

So I assume that nobody spotted this before me.

Cheers

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175594

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

So is it really concluded that in RL Mig-29, Su-27 and Su-33 the flaps are either up or down only?

Yes. MiG-29 has only up and full down (25 deg) trailing edge flaps positions and this is clearly described in RL manuals.

The reason in cockpit there is a flaps control panel with 3 buttons - this is an old control panel type that is also used on MiG-21 and -23. On most MiG-29 built they simply didn't bother to change it.

http://hunavia.freeweb.hu/TYPE/MiG-29%20base/MiG29UBCOCKPITIDNo27/photos/photo4.html

In this picture is front cockpit of MiG-29UB two-seater. This is most likely a later-built aircraft and the flaps control panel was changed with two buttons, but the flaps system of MiG-29 and MiG-29UB is of course identical and always was with only up or down positions.

Oh, so it seems like it's not a bug XD - good to know...

I'm curious tho how it is with other features like an airbrake not working while having central fuel tank mounted...

Or those lights on rear wheel covers - they aren't placed straight but few degrees to the left.

It's because the airbrake opens both up and down. Yes, it's supposed to be that way. Later versions have a different airbrake.

The lights are angled left because airport traffic patterns are counterclockwise ie runway will be on your left. The light being angled helps illuminate the area to that side. Also, you don't need to see both sides equally well, it is just shining out to give you a visual.reference to the ground. Angled to one side it illuminates more ground than if it was straight and the plane blocked most of it.

So, 3 for 3, it's supposed to be that way.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

When I changed to F3 view my flaps said 66% at one point ,and the number seemed to change depending on speed or loading but im not sure which, but it was under the flaps heading on the bottom panel in F3 view, I was messing around pressing shift+F a few times though so don't know if that did anything but at take off and landing yes it was 100% or nothing.

Edited by Stealth29(U.K)

When I changed to F3 view my flaps said 66% at one point ,and the number seemed to change depending on speed or loading but im not sure which, but it was under the flaps heading on the bottom panel in F3 view, I was messing around pressing shift+F a few times though so don't know if that did anything but at take off and landing yes it was 100% or nothing.

No, you're not imagining things. While there are only two flap settings--extended or retracted--the extent of their extension is dependent on the aircraft's airspeed.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

^^ Yes the trailing edge flaps have a "blow back" feature - i.e. there are no locks for the down(extended) position, so at higher speed(don't know when), the flaps will be pushed up by the airstream. But I think this a protective measure - i.e. to prevent damage to the flaps.

The speed brake has a similar feature. LEFs are locked both in the up and down position though.

JJ

FWIW, the trailer edge flaps go to 100% right around 350 km/h IAS. The minimum extension is 10% and that occurs at around 525 IAS. In between 350 and 525 they smoothly and gradually retract as speed increases and extend as speed decreases.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

As has already been said here, the MiG-29 flaps is a "floating" type - the extension angle depends on airloads. Nothing really new - MiG-21 and -23 have floating flaps too.

The diagram for MiG-29 flaps below shows that above 460 Km/h flaps will start to gradually retract. Below 460 Km/h its deflection angle is maximum, 25 deg.

They also show typical lowering and retraction speeds for the flaps, suggesting that during normal, routine operation of the aircraft at takeoff and landing the flaps usually doesn't have the "chance" to float.

c2c422e08f99d0f3a15a8816c691f944.jpg

The diagram for MiG-29 flaps below shows that above 460 Km/h flaps will start to gradually retract. Below 460 Km/h its deflection angle is maximum, 25 deg.

The diagram shows roughly 27.5 degrees as a the maximum value, not 25.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Value is 25, this is the physical limit of flaps deflection. What you see there is the law function.

I guess that makes sense since those arrows only go to 25 degrees.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!