Canadian Warships

Chukk

So even thought the model was finished. It was originally very low polygon. Below 20,000. Pretty sure DCS can now handle a higher number so I'm taking advantage of this and adding a whole lot more detail, specially around the flight deck and hanger. This will be appreciated once your trying to land your Seaking or Cyclone helicopter on the deck!

Halifax_Flight_Deck

Edited by Chukk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Haven't given up, currently working on lowering the polygon count as much as possible to be able to add as much detail into the model.  That means alpha maps for the guard rails and masts.  Making those look right is the tough part.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sadly I do not have enough time on hand to convert and animate this model. Large learning curve. I am willing to share my model if someone is capable and will to get it in game.

• Like 1

If you use max,

I can also help

I love the Naval aspect of DCS, the same as the Admiral.

A PM is all that is needed for a assist.

If Blender you need someone else I am afraid.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I'm using max as well. I can of course upload obj, fbx as well.

It's not so much the modelling I find difficult but getting all the correct texture and animation issues I find overwelming.

Perfect.

Send a link via PM with your working folder.

Include all the files you are using.

I may add or change textures to better fit the ships.

I can also ask the Admiral for help if needed.

We are friends. And help each other.

I have many ships and code to call on for making weapons work.

Lets see how they look shall we?

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."