Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

What about adding a limit to the number of units that can be deployed? Much like how it was for sa6 before. If they Deploy a new one it erases the one that had been on the map the longest. No idea what the limit would be for each type.

Thats what I was thinking. Helis still need to be able to defend farps from the masses. Abortedman is salty because he was killed by ir sam close to our farp. Maybe try not go a predictable route.

On another note, datalink worked fine for me lastnight.

Hey Ciribob,

if you can afford to let SAMs up for 15h, may I suggest giving a JTAC a longer life aswell, 12-15h ?

Possibly, we'll see how it goes. Lots of JTACs will cause lag, if they're searching all the time for targets. If they've found a target it's ok.

As I say, JTACs within 10km of friendly bases will not be persisted which may solve the problem anyway. :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Any slot love for the Mistrals?

No mistral for now - each farp has 6 slots for each side. For mistral you'd have to lose an L or M.

Plus I'm not sure I'll have the will to live after editing every single farp again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Plus I'm not sure I'll have the will to live after editing every single farp again.

I can only imagine how that feels, but I'm really grateful for the work you did there! Thank you!

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Seriously? I have no experience in the KA50 at all so I wouldn't know that but THAT is indeed unfair beyound all else. RED places IR SAMs close to places they capture (espescially right in the approach paths) and BLUE has absolutely no capabilities to effectively remove them. But if BLUE does the same thing you just go shopping with a KA50 and it shows them all? I consider this a wallhack then. But maybe one can show me a ABRIS-picture taken during blueflag. I'm not against that tactic at all, it's legit in a war. But if ABRIS shows enemy units on a map that's absolutely not ok.

I don't disagree with this statement at all. It is getting a little too tough to take out the middle ground farps. I do agree this might be awesome in 2.x where you can't fly into trees, but right now it's painfully difficult to find these units. It was before too, but now there is added emphasis to place them.

Red having the ka50 which shows them on the abris is also unfair but I'm not sure if we can do anything about it. Give blue ka50 maybe?

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously? I have no experience in the KA50 at all so I wouldn't know that but THAT is indeed unfair beyound all else. RED places IR SAMs close to places they capture (espescially right in the approach paths) and BLUE has absolutely no capabilities to effectively remove them. But if BLUE does the same thing you just go shopping with a KA50 and it shows them all? I consider this a wallhack then. But maybe one can show me a ABRIS-picture taken during blueflag. I'm not against that tactic at all, it's legit in a war. But if ABRIS shows enemy units on a map that's absolutely not ok.

ABRIS takes a snapshot of all the units on the map when the Ka50 spawns. A Red player doesn't even need to take off to get this information. Just needs to start up, turn ABRIS on, navigate to map screen and zoom out, take note of all the blue units in the area or in their desired path and adjust accordingly.

ABRIS magical info along with DataLink makes fog of war element nearly non-existent for Red team...but blue gets the awesome AIM7 and F15 so it's all good, right? Oh wait. I mean well blue gets the Gazel...ah, damn...well at least it call in bombe...oh darn...the Huey is kinda ok...hmm...what's the top speed of the Mi-8 again?

Edited by AbortedMan

ABRIS takes a snapshot of all the units on the map when the Ka50 spawns. A Red player doesn't even need to take off to get this information. Just needs to start up, turn ABRIS on, navigate to map screen and zoom out, take note of all the blue units in the area or in their desired path and adjust accordingly.

ABRIS magical info along with DataLink makes fog of war element nearly non-existent for Red team...but blue gets the awesome AIM7 and F15 so it's all good, right? Oh wait.

Im all for blue having the ka50. They used to before round 6 or 7. They already have the other helis and CAS aircraft. Give red the gazelle and blue the ka50 and call it good.

ABRIS magical info along with DataLink makes fog of war element nearly non-existent for Red team...but blue gets the awesome AIM7 and F15 so it's all good, right? Oh wait. I mean well blue gets the Gazel...ah, damn...well at least it call in bombe...oh darn...the Huey is kinda ok...hmm...what's the top speed of the Mi-8 again?

That can't be removed though, unless you either remove spawning units in, or you remove the ka-50.

Mi mi mi..Red mi mi mi (*Snif)...its so unfair.

Your tears are so sweet.

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excellent way to discuss community feedback. Your constructive efforts are commendable. Bravo.

You do realize I play both Red team and Blue team, right?

You could messure the support distance between your native farps and airbases to start. so you can talk about chopper speeds.

Abris is what it is.

If its not a manpad its a chopper you don't like so then comes the constructive *(insert word here) on the forum.

Edited by M460
constraint

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With persistent units that are scattered all over the place, the KA50 has a clear advantage, it is just that prior to the new mission it was a non issue because everyone knew where the targets were anyway, and placed defenses were not 1/4 as prominent.

Mix the choppers up, divide only FC3 fighters, and restore the parity of round 5. It is the only solution without drastically changing the mission's design.

If I am not mistaken the ABRIS is not perfect though, if I understand the "snapshot" wording correctly it will not show units that are spawned after you joined the aircraft/server?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

You could messure the support distance between your native farps and airbases to start. so you can talk about chopper speeds.

Abris is what it is.

If its not a manpad its a chopper you don't like so then comes the constructive *(insert word here) on the forum.

"It is what it is"...so do nothing about it? Or mock the people that care to cite the issues they feel need attention to improve the experience? Come on man, why the vitriol?

ABRIS is a thing that is in the game, and that's fine, if any semblance of balance is the goal of this mission then something needs to be catered around the fact that one team has a significant advantage when it comes to helicopter operations and combat. If balance is not the goal and we're just rolling with whatever East vs West modules are available to us then I think that should be stated (and this is obviously all moot).

Am I being criticized for citing the disparity between one helicopter's ability to single-handedly take out an entire airfield alone while also effortlessly giving the player exact enemy unit locations vs the slowest helicopter in the game with only basic navigation assistance and not even enough ordnance to take out a FARP?

We want people to play these roles because they're integral to the operation of the mission...no one is going to do that if it's completely out of whack and the time:reward ratio is way off. This is the case right now on Blue team. I noticed this about Blue team while I was playing Red for the last two months as well.

With persistent units that are scattered all over the place, the KA50 has a clear advantage, it is just that prior to the new mission it was a non issue because everyone knew where the targets were anyway, and placed defenses were not 1/4 as prominent.

Mix the choppers up, divide only FC3 fighters, and restore the parity of round 5. It is the only solution without drastically changing the mission's design.

If I am not mistaken the ABRIS is not perfect though, if I understand the "snapshot" wording correctly it will not show units that are spawned after you joined the aircraft/server?

Correct. ABRIS only shows what units are on the ground at the moment you enter the cockpit. I do not think it updates after that, though someone has told me that it will update via DataLink if a player spawns in with a more updated map and you transfer information. I have not personally confirmed this, though.

"It is what it is"...so do nothing about it? Or mock the people that care to cite the issues they feel need attention to improve the experience? Come on man, why the vitriol?

ABRIS is a thing that is in the game, and that's fine, if any semblance of balance is the goal of this mission then something needs to be catered around the fact that one team has a significant advantage when it comes to helicopter operations and combat. If balance is not the goal and we're just rolling with whatever East vs West modules are available to us then I think that should be stated (and this is obviously all moot).

Am I being criticized for citing the disparity between one helicopter's ability to single-handedly take out an entire airfield alone while also effortlessly giving the player exact enemy unit locations vs the slowest helicopter in the game with only basic navigation assistance and not even enough ordnance to take out a FARP?

We want people to play these roles because they're integral to the operation of the mission...no one is going to do that if it's completely out of whack and the time:reward ratio is way off. This is the case right now on Blue team. I noticed this about Blue team while I was playing Red for the last two months as well.

Correct. ABRIS only shows what units are on the ground at the moment you enter the cockpit. I do not think it updates after that, though someone has told me that it will update via DataLink if a player spawns in with a more updated map and you transfer information. I have not personally confirmed this, though.

Before using the Ka-50 I never had a problem finding manpads, enemy units units in general using the Uh-1h God mode gunners. The A-10 and Mirage have IR auto countermesures. The f-15 can just fly past them too... If you go back to previous replies I've been requesting for chopper parity mix FOR AGES. And you know what answer I got.

BTW the ABRIS only shows Air defense units. no other unit type shows up.

Edited by M460

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Before using the Ka-50 I never had a problem finding manpads, enemy units units in general using the Uh-1h God mode gunners. The A-10 and Mirage have IR auto countermesures. The f-15 can just fly past them too... If you go back to previous replies I've been requesting for chopper parity mix FOR AGES. And you know what answer I got.

BTW the ABRIS only shows Air defense units. no other unit type shows up.

Please show me the way without getting shot down. Also, I've never seen the gunners actually hit anything. I usually have them set to free fire to seek out threats, but by the time they're tracking/firing it's usually too late.

Words of the Gazelle being way too weak as an attack chopper compared to the Blackshark are around since it's introduction. And that's neither a rant or a 'whine', it is what it is. But blue flag also was all about balance, a fair chance for both teams to win. As we have seen before, a highly skilled Blackshark pilot might tip the odds towards his team. But as there was no persistance, the ABRIS's crystal ball-like ability didn't have that much of an impact. We're not talking about imbalance here anymore, it's a matter of unfairness. I see some people often enough lingering in GCI, then switching to KA50 and after a few more minutes sitting in a Hip or a Warthog. Now that explains it.

Dear, Ciribob. Datalink is russian RWR, nothing less, nothing more. Disabling it is like disabling RWR on blue planes. Either bring it back or disable RWR on f15 and mirage for a fair trade. Numbers are already in blue side favor so why cripple integral part of Su27? No logic in that. Missiles are already degraded and over sensitive to countermeasures, radar half-broken, damage model strictly overrated, acceleration degraded by artificial drag and fuel waste sky high. What do we need next. Sling shots on wing pylons? Let me stress that again: Datalink is Sukhoi's RWR - Integral Part. Reduce number of Su27 slots but no fun if messing with under the hood switches. Bring DL back please.

I'd be up to discussing Blue having ka50. Could they also get the su27?

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why give blue the 27 and red the 15? I know it evens things out, but I people are not going to like it. Frankly, I like the fighter situation how it is.

Had an issue with lives this afternoon. Sent a message through the website, but wanted to clarify as I wasn't sure my message made sense. Was flying F-15, lost two lives earlier in the day. Took off on 3rd life with a few minutes left before server reboot, and went go to land before reboot. Successfully landed, hit F10 and then returned life. Received message that my life was successfully returned. However when the server restarted, it said I used all 3 of my standard lives. Pretty sure something got messed up, because I know I successfully landed and returned life before server restart. It was about 45 seconds before restart, but it did appear successful. Thanks!