Please make the game support IP change finally.

D4n

The over 9000 threads view for example (not everyone just posts a "+1" or similar into a thread, many forum users silently support ideas).

Thread Views are not statistics proving nor disproving anything.

Stating this for the last time in here: My ISP/company that my ISP rents the internet-network of FORCES a new IP adress onto my connection every night between 0 and 2 am time.

As much as you dont want to hear it, it's an Consumer/ISP Problem.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed thread view statistics don't prove or disprove anything. It's just an average indicator of readers. Of course most users have viewed this thread 130 times as it has that many posts, but even then it woud come down to ~ 69 individual thread readers of who we could guess/estimate 65 are active DCS PVP players, affected by this disconnect, who are interested in ED implementing the fix/workaround that I'm now explaining below in this post (keep reading, I'm even providing half of the programming solution below already, as in values-to-be-loaded).

I don't mind hearing it more than 10 times, of course I know it's an annoying ISP-caused problem SkateZilla, I don't deny that, I fully acknowledge it!

All we're ("us" being ~ 65 active DCS PVP players affected by this problem, according to the thread-view number, which now already reached over 9300) kindly asking ED is for one programer to make the DCS client auto-reconnect to the DCS masterserver when connection is lost (currently DCS.exe needs a complete restart to make the server-browser refresh again.....).

And as a future thing for Q1/Q2 2019 we DCS players would really appreciate if one of the ED programers makes the following 12 values/strings auto-load from RAM (from moment of disconnect, or let's say 250 ms before disconnect, DCS client could "update" the "live" values every 250ms in RAM and stop updating the moment the disconnect occurs, then take value from second to last dataset), to load these values upon reconnecting to the gameserver:

- player slot - IF still available on auto-reconnect, ELSE cancel the load-operation (I guess player slot is a number datatype?)

- client aircraft position (string?)

- with heading (number)

- altitude (number, feet?)

- speed (number, knots?)

- pitch orientation (number)

- roll orientation (number)

- yaw orientation (number)

- cockpit configuration (which switches on/off/neutral)

- weapons load (string?)

- systems damage (number or string datatypes I guess)

- player score data (only a few numbers/strings)

Sincerely, Daniel

-edit, entirely rephrased 1st post of this thread for better understanding for DCS players/ED team

Edited by DanielNL
edited to avoid misunderstanding ("DCS client")
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

The over 9000 threads view for example (not everyone just posts a "+1" or similar into a thread, many forum users silently support ideas).

More like people monitor active threads, especially funny ones like this and Xilan's now closed UFO rant. Observation does not equal support =)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Indeed thread view statistics don't prove or disprove anything. It's just an average indicator of readers. Of course most users have viewed this thread 130 times as it has that many posts, but even then it woud come down to ~ 69 individual thread readers of who we could guess/estimate 65 are active DCS PVP players, affected by this disconnect, who are interested in ED implementing the fix/workaround that I'm now explaining below in this post (keep reading, I'm even providing half of the programming solution below already, as in values-to-be-loaded).

I don't know where you got that number from, but even if there are hundreds of them, it is still not a DCS problem, but a provider problem. Providers that make their customers disconnect every 24h to change their IP are actually quite common in Germany (I'm affected by that as well), but that's not something game developers should take care of, especially as there is no easy solution to this anyway. It's a problem that you have to solve with your provider or get a new provider. Or you just live with it like I do.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

..., especially funny ones like this and Xilan's now closed UFO rant. Observation does not equal support =)

True that ! I'm having fun with Malta at present

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

it woud come down to ~ 69 individual thread readers of who we could guess/estimate 65 are active DCS PVP players

Less than 5% DCS players ever used multiplayer :book:

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

Less than 5% DCS players ever used multiplayer :book:

Source? :huh:

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Various ED statements across time.

Wags mentioned again a couple month ago that "the vast majority" of their customers play single player only.

And i'm not the only one paying attention to this kind of number, it has been regularly mentioned on this forum, like there: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3680606&postcount=22

(different figure, same idea)

edit : funny you ask source just after throwing some imaginary numbers at us

Edited by cypc

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

Besides official statements, common sense. Note the multiplayer servers only have a few hundred players at peak times INCLUDING CLOSED TO PUBLIC clan servers. Even if you multiply it several times to account for timezones, irregular activity, etc, you end up with only a few thousand players. Clearly not enough to support an endeavor the scope and expense of DCS.

Logical conclusion : 99% of people aren't playing online, at least not as their primary activity.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

So people connect to you using your IP address correct?

Have you thought about setting up a DynDNS account so people can connect to one adress and have the DNS server handle the IP address change?

At least it makes reconnecting easier instead of having to broadcast the new IP address..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Besides official statements, common sense. Note the multiplayer servers only have a few hundred players at peak times INCLUDING CLOSED TO PUBLIC clan servers. Even if you multiply it several times to account for timezones, irregular activity, etc, you end up with only a few thousand players. Clearly not enough to support an endeavor the scope and expense of DCS.

Logical conclusion : 99% of people aren't playing online, at least not as their primary activity.

Agreed 100%! Although at least 3/4 or more of my DCS time is on MP I get a kick out of those who make the ridiculous claim that DCS is primarily a MP game.

I do believe the game shines on good MP server (my go to is DDCS but there are many great servers for all levels!), but looking at the MP numbers there is NO WAY in hell any company would be able to invest the ridiculous amount of money DCS and its third parties have so far if the module sales weren't in the high 5 to 6 figure count. It's just not mathematically possible!!!

Unfortunately a game like DCS has probably 1/10th or less the population of arcade games like BF series and all the "world of XXX", but hopefully as the game evolves further, we will see more coming and who knows MP may end up see a huge increase in numbers.