comms - front-seat / back-seat / radio

SDsc0rch

to me its inconceivable that two people in one jet don't have comms together

wouldn't it be great if DCS incorporated an in-game "radio" system? in this case by "radio" i mean both comms between front- and back-seats, and with other aircraft

currently on multiplayer servers there are a lot of ppl who are not even on teamspeak - with the f-14 coming, how would that work? typing messages and reading responses? i think that's totally unworkable - and i think ED needs to get comms "right" - and that means an an integrated communications system

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

From my experience in RoF and BoS, lock your gunner seats and only allow in those who are on comms with you. Otherwise they will go afk leaving you defenseless or waste all the ammo shooting at nothing in a best case scenario. Worst case scenario they deliberately shoot your plane's wings and tail. The same will apply with multiseat planes in DCS. An absolute core requirement is the ability to lock any extra seats you have. In game comms would be nice but are unneeded. TS3, mumble and vent are enough.

This is something I always wanted to see in DCS, especially now that multi-crew capability is on the way.

Yep. IVC in Falcon 4 BMS works pretty well, simulates radio frequencies and talking/listening on two separate radios (UHF & VHF). Only caveat is people have to open router ports, but modern software shouldn't have that problem.