Jester's Poor Performance?

mytai01

Why does Jester have so much difficulty keeping a lock on a slow moving Il-76 at high altitude? Even after establishing visual contact he still doesn't reestablish a lock??? That should be automatic!

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Just to add to this, when Jester loses a STT lock, he should be automatically trying to re-establish the lock. In other words, if the pilot tells jester "go STT lock", jester should be going STT lock from that point on until being told to do something else.

I find that I have to drill through the menu to BVR->STT->Enemy Ahead, then lock is lost, then drill through the menu, then lock is lost etc, etc until I give up with his shenanigans and try the ACM modes (which magically don't lose lock).

Jester is a little bit lazy :)

+1

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Jester should be told who to lock...then he should do everything in his power to establish, maintain, reestablish, maintain, reestablish, maintain until told to do otherwise; or the target is destroyed...PERIOD!!! Right now he acts like a clueless cadet!

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Jester should be told who to lock...then he should do everything in his power to establish, maintain, reestablish, maintain, reestablish, maintain until told to do otherwise; or the target is destroyed...PERIOD!!! Right now he acts like a clueless cadet!

Precisely !

" Where did who go ?! "

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

+1!! And he should ask for autorisation before ejecting!!! ;-)

I'd disagree here given that the only time so far that he's ejected was with both wings gone and no altitude left. Made me wish I'd asked him to set command eject to both, as I didn't have time to do so myself. Result: he got out safely, I didn't.

Did you have something different where you thought you could save the plane?

+1 on improving jester skills. Specifically to manage the radar volume. For example I had a spikes 2 o'clock on the rwr, I had to tell him via the menu to move the antenna center-left but it is rio's job to know how to do this.

I understand coding of RIO AI is not easy, but since we already have target prioritization on the rwr it should be possible to make it point the radar at the most critical targets based on spikes or datalink.

It would also good if we can have multiple levels of RIO involvement , for example "full" will make him do everything real RIO has to do (more or less) "semi" he will not do certain critical things (aka moving the radar cone) or make him "ask" the pilot if he should do it and act only on approval etc...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1 on improving jester skills. Specifically to manage the radar volume. For example I had a spikes 2 o'clock on the rwr, I had to tell him via the menu to move the antenna center-left but it is rio's job to know how to do this.

Maybe I missed something in your scenario, but 2 o’clock is 60 degrees to the right :D

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Where's the ground stabilized command for Jester? It sure would help with SA to see what's around me on D/L from time to time.

Also, agree, Jester is a terrible RIO in combat. Don't get me wrong. The F-14 is a magnificent simulation, and an absolute dream to fly, but fighting with it is very frustrating without a human RIO... and part of me wishes I could just control the radar myself. (I know I know, against their design philosophy... i read the HB response...)

Maybe I'm wrong but did you guys ever tried to manage WVR combat from the backseat? With what success rate?

My idea was that the pilot is responsible for the pilot shit within 0-something miles...

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a couple of things from a dedicated Rio might help you guys

<10 miles generally Pilot takes the radar and he is using his modes to get a lock. I go visual scanning. With a plane that close it is near impossible to see the target long enough to lock on the radar unless both planes are flying pretty straight and level

STT track - it is generally 50/50 for loosing lock. 1/2 the time the pilot is jerking the plane around too much to maintain lock or I should have done a hand-off to PD. If he is using lock a lot try keeping banks under 15-20 deg. and see if that helps. If you pull a hard bank I will almost loose lock every time. If not, try keeping the plane above you as maybe he is not doing the P to PD hand-off required to maintain lock.

This is a two seater and I know pilots want a good jester but as a rio we do not want jester near the ability of a human rio or else we would be out of a job #noai #humanriosonly #riounion

hope that helps a bit

I tell Jester "RADAR AUTO" but all he can do is call NAILS?

Well... LOCK IT UP! I shouldn't need to tell him that!!

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Jester is totally moron in dog fight. But take him to the tanker, he cant shut up! he talking like idiot.

i7 6700k / Gtx 1070 / 32GB DDR4 / SSD / Warthog / 2 MFD / Saitek Rudders / RiftCV1 / Rift S...

A10C / F5 / F14 / F16 / F18 / M2000 / HARRIER / FC3 / HUEY / GAZELLE / MI-8 / MI-24 / KA-50 / KIOWA / CB ARMS / SUPER CARRIER / PERSIAN GULF / NEVADA

On a related note, are ranges in the gun and sidewinder training missions too close for Jester to be working the radar? I'm having a tough time spotting targets and get no help from Jester until I'm close enough for visual call outs.