TM warthog afterburner detent mod(pushtrough)

Have they changed the throttle axis? I have the afterburner detent mod on the TM warthog(filed down the afterburner lifts). And before i had to have curvature to -13 do engage afterburner just as i pushed through the detent. But now i have 0 curvature and the afterburner is excactly efter the detent. Its feel alot better running the throttles without curvature!

Have they changed the throttle axis? I have the afterburner detent mod on the TM warthog(filed down the afterburner lifts). And before i had to have curvature to -13 do engage afterburner just as i pushed through the detent. But now i have 0 curvature and the afterburner is excactly efter the detent. Its feel alot better running the throttles without curvature!

you should be using your throttle as a slider and not a curve. Set it to slider and User curve and set these values from left to right.

0 - 10 - 20 - 27 - 34 - 41 - 49 - 57 - 65 - 74 - 83

this will allow the throttle to work correctly (curve is no good) and will put you at mil at the detent. Once you go over you will immediately hit light afterburner.

enjoy. you will not have more control of your engines.

EDIT: you should do this for all your aircraft as the throttles should always be a slider.

Edited by Strikeeagle345

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

you should be using your throttle as a slider and not a curve. Set it to slider and User curve and set these values from left to right.

0 - 10 - 20 - 27 - 34 - 41 - 49 - 57 - 65 - 74 - 83

this will allow the throttle to work correctly (curve is no good) and will put you at mil at the detent. Once you go over you will immediately hit afterburner.

enjoy. you will not have more control of your engines.

No thank you it works great with standard settings as for now. Just wonder if they changed anything in the recent patch.

No thank you it works great with standard settings as for now. Just wonder if they changed anything in the recent patch.

You think it works great as you have not done it correctly. You will be more accurate in your flying, especially with air to air refueling and formation flying.

To each their own I guess...:huh:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

You think it works great as you have not done it correctly. You will be more accurate in your flying, especially with air to air refueling and formation flying.

He said that he now has a default linear input, not anymore curve he needed to have...

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

He said that he now has a default linear input, not anymore curve he needed to have...

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

correct, but if changes happen again, he will be affected. Why not cut the problem out completely and do it the right way?

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but im sticking with default settings. Just asked JAR from stingers and he agreed that something had changed with the throttle axis.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but im sticking with default settings. Just asked JAR from stingers and he agreed that something had changed with the throttle axis.

ok then..... reason you are noticing changes is because throttles are meant to be used as a slider... Good luck bud.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

Hi Rakamora I investigated the axis again after our talk and found I still need a custom user Curve to have th AB detent working correctly with my throttle .

Do I need to enable the “use AB detent” thing in options?

No, that will require you to set some kind of button or actuator to assign to the finger lift slots in the HOTAS section.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

That custom slider puts me at 70% RPM when hitting idle detent so the plane would start rolling on the ground (using my own settings I can get 64% RPM in idle position), and 100% RPM when hitting afterburner detent, so not good for my throttle since the afterburner would come on sometimes (also have push-through mod). I don't think the sensitivity is the same among these devices, so what works for your warthog might not for others.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/