NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

bombs release

Mmhh, I guess I didn't understand well the bombs release in the Skyhawk. I had 6 bombs in my ventral pylon and I wanted to drop 4 with an interval. I set quantity at 2, desired interval and ripple release at pairs. But all 6 bombs where released :huh:

Anyway to have this A4 module installed and not get integrity check when trying to join multiplayer servers?

Yes I have the same issue and unfortunately removed the mod until it passes integrity check.

I really hope this issue gets fixed.

Yes I have the same issue and unfortunately removed the mod until it passes integrity check.

I really hope this issue gets fixed.

I am wondering if there is some critical piece of information missing?

I have followed installation steps exactly a few times over and it still fails the IC.

Since there are a lot of people not experiencing this, it must be operator error, but for the life of me I just can't figure out what.

So annoying being booted every 15 minutes.

Does navigation work. IF so what are the steps in the cockpit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

Does navigation work. IF so what are the steps in the cockpit

Yep, Navigation works like a charm and is easy.

The nav system can only handle 2 waypoints.

First you need to set the Nav selector switch to Standby, then also set the waypoint selector switch to standby, and set your radar switch to standby. There is a 3 to 5 minute warmup for these systems, but I don't believe the NAV system has that warmup in place. Switch the Nav selector to LAND, then change the waypoint selector switch to D2 to have it set your current position as the D2 waypoint. Then switch the waypoint selector switch to D1 and set the target latitude and longitude. Then flip the BDHI switch up and your compass will then show which direction to fly. When you want to go home, switch the waypoint selector knob to D2 and it'll lead you there.

For a more in depth guide with more clear step by step instructions with pictures and arrows, look at chapter 11 of Wheelyjoe's A-4E-C Skyhawk guide found here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19b0jAdSRAZ0nmUxemZ05EFIfX0oeeSC5

Yep, Navigation works like a charm and is easy.

The nav system can only handle 2 waypoints.

First you need to set the Nav selector switch to Standby, then also set the waypoint selector switch to standby, and set your radar switch to standby. There is a 3 to 5 minute warmup for these systems, but I don't believe the NAV system has that warmup in place. Switch the Nav selector to LAND, then change the waypoint selector switch to D2 to have it set your current position as the D2 waypoint. Then switch the waypoint selector switch to D1 and set the target latitude and longitude. Then flip the BDHI switch up and your compass will then show which direction to fly. When you want to go home, switch the waypoint selector knob to D2 and it'll lead you there.

For a more in depth guide with more clear step by step instructions with pictures and arrows, look at chapter 11 of Wheelyjoe's A-4E-C Skyhawk guide found here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19b0jAdSRAZ0nmUxemZ05EFIfX0oeeSC5

Awesome thanks! :pilotfly:

How do I stop jettisoning my rocket pods ?? :(

I've been flying this little beauty a few days and for some strange reason, instead of firing my rockets, I'd jettisoning them ( after weapons hotfix update )

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

I've been flying this little beauty a few days and for some strange reason, instead of firing my rockets, I'd jettisoning them ( after weapons hotfix update )

Lollll!!! If you get precise with it, it is still lethal. Can't remove the image in my head of an ennemi soldier running around getting hit by a few hundred pound complete rocket pod falling from the sky LOL

Make sure you have the weapon function selector switch turned to the left for Rockets. If you have it at the right, Bombs and GM arm, you going to just drop them.

Thanks to the incredible efforts of the Community A-4E-C team, CSG-1 is making it official - we're standing up virtual Marine Attack Squadron 131 Diamondbacks to fly the Scooter!

Custom period-correct skins from the awesome PorcoRosso are in-work - come live the adventure. Expect Persian Gulf Shore and Carrier Operations along with a tactical training event at NTTR in the coming year.

Scooter Drivers - because even fighter pilots need heroes.

From a previous post by one of the CSG-1 braintrust...

"The group already contains ~60 active pilots split into two F/A-18C squadrons, one F-14B squadron (currently squatting in the F/A-18C), two AV-8B squadrons, and a fledgling UH-1H squadron. Pilots are "locked" to their squadron's air frame during dedicated flight nights, but are open to fly whatever they want in our causal pick up flights. We fly twice per week, Sundays and Tuesdays at 2000 eastern standard time, and we run two missions per month (2nd and 4th Sundays of the month), as well as a manually managed dynamic campaign once per year.

Our tagline is "Serious fun". We enjoy attempting to replicate US Naval doctrine, but acknowledge there are a number of limitations of the DCS software, as well as limitations by not being staffed by full time professional naval aviators. There are no ranks or long training pipelines. We just ask that you bring a mature attitude, and a desire to learn something everyday. We're a fun casual group in between flight nights with a dedicated server running a "for fun" mission during the week. Each squadron is independently managed and allows for a variety of levels of "seriousness".

If you're interested in the group, or in being a plank owner in an A-4E squadron, come by our discord and chat us up!

https://discord.gg/SE9dvFd

If you'd like to see how we operate in pit, below are a couple of YouTube playlists that show our playstyle on "game day".

Operation Iron Gauntlet Campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...-EsEL85nF7I6R9

Flight Night Streams:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...KhARRS410vkRKP"

'Gimp

A-4M_160024_High-R00.png.d3a491570cf99c5b3bcfebbf6adace78.png

1312.thumb.jpg.ddafb78aa70464285420e71c840ab1da.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

Something I've noticed about the A4 is that the flight model is quite... notchy. There is a regular stutter where it appears that physics processing pauses, almost at 1hz I would say. It's especially noticeable in a spin; both the rotation and the descent stutter in this constant pattern. Am I only person that's seen this?

I've tried to look for this behaviour in people's videos of the module and I don't think I can spot it. I'm going to re-install the thing.

Edited by Ich Dien

sorry if this was answered somewhere, but wondering if this had anything other than a SFM?

No, this is a mod done by a select group of enthusiasts. They do not have access to the required code to do anything so complex. Same reason as to why there might be slight hiccups in the flight model and such. They have done an amazing job but this is not a “professional” product and this is why they are giving it away for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, this is a mod done by a select group of enthusiasts. They do not have access to the required code to do anything so complex. Same reason as to why there might be slight hiccups in the flight model and such. They have done an amazing job but this is not a “professional” product and this is why they are giving it away for free

Sweet

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Never used any mods before so a bit confused about how to install this....dropped the mods folder directly into my c\username\saved games\dcs folder (as per below instruction) then just reread the bottom bit which seems to say you cant drop it into this folder (due to integrity checks!) note do not use JSGME! - any help appreciated?!

Q: How do I install?

A: Download the A-4E-C Folder, unzip, and place the Please note, the file structure on the download has changed. To assist everyone in installation, and better support JSGME, we’ve include mods/aircraft/ to the mod folder. Take the “mods” folder and drop it directly into C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha*

*Note: The folder name after “Saved Games” does not matter, as long as it is the DCS folder. If you have multiple, place it into the folder with the name of the DCS version you use.

Please note that you CANNOT place this into the C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Programs\ filepath or it will not be usable in DCS due to file integrity checks.

Never used any mods before so a bit confused about how to install this....dropped the mods folder directly into my c\username\saved games\dcs folder (as per below instruction) then just reread the bottom bit which seems to say you cant drop it into this folder (due to integrity checks!) note do not use JSGME! - any help appreciated?!

got it to work today. stick it in c\username\saved games\dcs\mods\aircraft

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

I'm having trouble bringing the a-4 to a halt after landing. Brakes seem to do nothing. I have flaps down, airbrakes on, 155kts on touchdown. I apply brakes but they dont seem to be doing anything. Plane will slow itself down but will not brake to zero kts. I usually go off the runway. Brakes work fine on takeoff, but just seem non existent on landing. Any ideas what i might be doing wrong?

I'm having trouble bringing the a-4 to a halt after landing. Brakes seem to do nothing. I have flaps down, airbrakes on, 155kts on touchdown. I apply brakes but they dont seem to be doing anything. Plane will slow itself down but will not brake to zero kts. I usually go off the runway. Brakes work fine on takeoff, but just seem non existent on landing. Any ideas what i might be doing wrong?

Just to the left of the throttle you will see a switch for the spoilers. Make sure they are on before you start your landing approach. They should deploy once you have weight on the wheels.

Also, I find that 120 mph is a better landing speed.

i noticed the same. brakes did nothing and i ran off the end of the runway :(