MOOSE - Mission Object Oriented Scripting Framework

I have been trying the CAS engagement zone but have ran into a problem.

How can I respawn the CAS group on death and have them do the mission again - ad infinitum?

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

This is what I have now... I need to add the respawn to it:

CASEngagementZone2 = ZONE:New( "Red1" )

-- Create a local variable (in this case called CASPlane) and 
-- using the GROUP function find the aircraft group called "Plane" and assign to this variable
CASPlane2 = GROUP:FindByName( "Pontiac" )

-- Create a local Variable (in this cased called PatrolZone and 
-- using the ZONE function find the pre-defined zone called "Patrol Zone" and assign it to this variable
PatrolZone2 = ZONE:New( "RedStage" )

-- Create and object (in this case called AICasZone) and 
-- using the functions AI_CAS_ZONE assign the parameters that define this object 
-- (in this case PatrolZone, 500, 1000, 500, 600, CASEngagementZone) 
AICasZone = AI_CAS_ZONE:New( PatrolZone2, 4000, 5500, 800, 900, CASEngagementZone2 )

-- Tell the program to use the object (in this case called CASPlane) as the group to use in the CAS function
AICasZone:SetControllable( CASPlane2 )

-- Tell the group CASPlane to start the mission in 1 second. 
AICasZone:__Start( 600 ) -- They should statup, and start patrolling in the PatrolZone.

-- After 10 minutes, tell the group CASPlane to engage the targets located in the engagement zone called CASEngagement Zone. (600 is 600 seconds) 
AICasZone:__Engage( 900, 750, 3000 )

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

i try to use the A2G_DISPATCHER from MOOSE with MGRS coordinates instead of the default BR.

From my understanding i could use the "_SETTINGS" Class to define default settings.

If i use this in my script i just get an error in dcs.log that i try to index a global nil value.

what did i do wrong?

here is the script:

_SETTINGS.SetA2G_MGRS()

_SETTINGS.SetImperial()

local HQ = GROUP

:FindByName( "HQ", "Bravo HQ" )

local CommandCenter = COMMANDCENTER

:New( HQ, "Lima" )

local Mission = MISSION

:New( CommandCenter, "Overlord", "High", "Attack Detect Mission Briefing", coalition.side.BLUE )

local RecceSet = SET_GROUP

:New()

:FilterPrefixes( "FAC" )

:FilterCoalitions("blue")

:FilterStart()

local DetectionAreas = DETECTION_AREAS

:New( RecceSet, 3000 )

local AttackSet = SET_GROUP

:New()

:FilterCoalitions( "blue" )

:FilterPrefixes( "Player" )

:FilterStart()

TaskDispatcher = TASK_A2G_DISPATCHER

:New( Mission, AttackSet, DetectionAreas )

Thx in advance!

This probably isn't the issue, but, afaik, GROUP:FindByName() can only work with one group at a time.

This will only find the group named "HQ", the group "Bravo HQ" will be ignored:

local HQ = GROUP:FindByName( "HQ", "Bravo HQ" )

Why not do this instead?:

local HQ = GROUP:FindByName( "HQ")
local BravoHQ = GROUP:FindByName("Bravo HQ")

i copied the code straight out of FlightControl's Demo Mission.

But i deleted the "Bravo HQ" as i don't have a unit with that name anyway.

Thx for pointing that out.

Still, my Problem is i need the coordinates of the targets in MGRS not in BR.

From my understanding, when using the TASK_A2G_DISPATCHER, there should be at least a "Settings" Menu in F10 where i can change coordinates to MGRS. but i don't have a "Settings" Menu in F10.

i have all the usual stuff in F10 (commandcenter lima, accept/reject tasks ...), and i can accept or reject tasks just fine, but no settings to change to MGRS.

many Thanks!

_SETTINGS:SetA2G_MGRS()

_SETTINGS:SetImperial()

Colon not dot.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Howdy,

i hope u don't mind my interruption, but does anyone know if the SEAD class has got some love? Still not working, at least for me. Even tried "fixing" a line ragarding weapon class name in MOOSE.lua myself as suggested by @Hardcard but no joy. Even tried his own SAM script [source] but was unable to achieve a change in behavior. Same for a MIST approach found on the forum [Other Sauce]

Greez

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is take off from runway broken?

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadron( "Bandar Abbas Intl", AIRBASE.PersianGulf.Bandar_Abbas_Intl, { "BA DEF" },6 )

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronCap( "Bandar Abbas Intl", CAPZoneEast, 4000, 8000, 600, 800, 800, 1200 )

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronCapInterval( "Bandar Abbas Intl", 2, 10, 20, 1 )

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronGrouping( "BA DEF", 2 )

A2A_DISPATCHER.SetSquadronTakeoffFromRunway("BA DEF")

Or am I doing something wrong.. I'm extremely new to MOOSE/scripting. The aircraft will spawn I just can't get them to T/O from rwy. Also, how do I limit the total number of aircraft on the base.

Example, only to birds will spawn at a time, one gets shot down another one rises... But how do I set the maximum number of spawns in where all A2A assets have been destroyed at a location

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

Is take off from runway broken?

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadron( "Bandar Abbas Intl", AIRBASE.PersianGulf.Bandar_Abbas_Intl, { "BA DEF" },6 )

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronCap( "Bandar Abbas Intl", CAPZoneEast, 4000, 8000, 600, 800, 800, 1200 )

A2A_DISPATCHER.SetSquadronTakeoffFromRunway("BA DEF")

Do you use A2ADispatcher or A2A_DISPATCHER for your last line? Thats a difference. You have to address the right variable to get it to work. Also don't call your Template "BA DEF" but your squadron "Bandar Abbas Intl" Try: A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronTakeoffFromRunway("Bandar Abbas Intl")

For me it works fine, my aircraft take of from runway.

So at the end:

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronGrouping( "Bandar Abbas Intl", 2 )

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronTakeoffFromRunway("Bandar Abbas Intl")

The 6 in your first line defines the total number of available squadrons. Based on the grouping you have chosen this determines the total number of aircraft.

Edited by SkipperSMG

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok - So first I had initially copied an old attempt. My bad there lol

2nd Thank you very much for the help

3rd - Here is the full script

-- Bandar Abbas Border

DetectionSetGroup = SET_GROUP:New()

DetectionSetGroup:FilterPrefixes( { "BA EWR" } )

DetectionSetGroup:FilterStart()

Detection = DETECTION_AREAS:New( DetectionSetGroup, 30000 )

A2ADispatcher = AI_A2A_DISPATCHER:New( Detection )

CapZone_East = ZONE_POLYGON:New( "CapZone East" , GROUP:FindByName( "CapZone East" ) )

A2ADispatcher:SetBorderZone( CapZone_East )

A2ADispatcher:SetEngageRadius( 80000 )

A2ADispatcher:SetTacticalDisplay( false )

A2ADispatcher.SetSquadronTakeoffFromRunway("Bandar Abbas Intl")

2 issues -

1. The defending aircraft still didnt takeoff from runway

2. The AI intruder I'm testing with won't engage the defenders no matter how I configure them

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

Ok - So first I had initially copied an old attempt. My bad there lol

2nd Thank you very much for the help

3rd - Here is the full script

-- Bandar Abbas Border

CapZone_East = ZONE_POLYGON:New( "CapZone East" , GROUP:FindByName( "CapZone East" ) )

A2ADispatcher.SetSquadronTakeoffFromRunway("Bandar Abbas Intl")

2 issues -

1. The defending aircraft still didnt takeoff from runway

2. The AI intruder I'm testing with won't engage the defenders no matter how I configure them

Is that A2ADispatcher. or A2ADispatcher: in your last line?

2nd you still have to call your squadron to define your grouping :D

How did you set up your intruder?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good Catch there... typo.. However, still didn't work

What do you mean by call my squadron? Sorry, I'm trying to learn this on the fly by comparing examples to what I think it will do for me.

I've tried multiple ways. Cap, search in zone, engage unit, ROE - weapons free... you name it. I'm very familiar with ME.

Example I had a flight of F15C's - defense squadron spawned and the F-15s went GA on a EWR lol... I about crapped myself

Edited by Pac-Man

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also, next question would be, how do I restrict what intruders trigger the defense aircraft... I don't want fighters engaging my helo's for example

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Even tried "fixing" a line ragarding weapon class name in MOOSE.lua myself as suggested by @Hardcard but no joy.

Yup, that did nothing for me either, that's why I ended up creating my own script.

Even tried his own SAM script but was unable to achieve a change in behavior

It's been a while since I wrote that script, it might contain obsolete stuff, also, perhaps it would be a good idea to rewrite it from scratch :D

What are you trying to accomplish? Perhaps we can come up with something better.

Are you sure this is the correct syntax for the zone object?

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronCap("Bandar Abbas Intl",[i][b][color="Red"]CAPZoneEast[/color][/b][/i],4000,8000,600,800,800,1200)

How about this?

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronCap("Bandar Abbas Intl",[i][b][color="Red"]CapZone_East[/color][/b][/i],4000,8000,600,800,800,1200)

Also, what about the final parameter for :SetSquadronCap()?

Shouldn't you specify altitude type? "BARO"/"RADIO":

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronCap("Bandar Abbas Intl",[i][b][color="Red"]CapZone_East[/color][/b][/i],4000,8000,600,800,800,1200,"BARO")

In my experience, it's better to give all parameters, don't assume they're optional (even when the documentation says so).

As for setting up some sort of "filter" for intruders, it depends on the complexity of the mission, but I'd try an intruder category/typename check in zone.

Edited by Hardcard

Yup, that did nothing for me either, that's why I ended up creating my own script.

It's been a while since I wrote that script, it might contain obsolete stuff, also, perhaps it would be a good idea to rewrite it from scratch :D

What are you trying to accomplish? Perhaps we can come up with something better.

I guess the same which was intended by all the previous scripts SAMs should turn of their radar and even reposition when they are self propelled. I want to make SEAD task more demanding. Now its basically one HARM. I wanted to include the radar suppression aspect.

I compared the concepts of all the scripts i could get my hands on and they pretty much follow the same principles. Also a manual approach through triggers in ME was not really successful. Maybe i will try taking a look into the alarm state logic cause i get some tingles that something with the underlying functions causes the scripts to fail as long as nothing in the DCS functions has changed significantly in the last half year. The scripts runs and all debug lines indicate a working script but the outcome is missing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you sure this is the correct syntax for the zone object?

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronCap("Bandar Abbas Intl",[i][b][color="Red"]CAPZoneEast[/color][/b][/i],4000,8000,600,800,800,1200)

How about this?

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronCap("Bandar Abbas Intl",[i][b][color="Red"]CapZone_East[/color][/b][/i],4000,8000,600,800,800,1200)

In my experience, it's better to give all parameters, don't assume they're optional (even when the documentation says so).

My A2A Dispatcher works fine without defining the altitude source. However i missed the „CapZone_East“

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The scripts runs and all debug lines indicate a working script but the outcome is missing.

I'll take a look at the mission/script again, see what the problem is.

I've tested the last version I wrote and it works as intended (I've reuploaded the files, just in case), here's the link to the post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3712495&postcount=1374

Edited by Hardcard

So I got the spawning working with the following..

-- Bandar Abbas Intercept

A2ADispatcher:SetIntercept( 450 )

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronOverhead( "Bandar Abbas Intl", .5 )

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronGrouping( "Bandar Abbas Intl", 2 )

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronGci( "Bandar Abbas Intl", 900, 1200 )

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronLandingAtEngineShutdown( "Bandar Abbas Intl" )

A2ADispatcher:Start()

--Havadarya Intercept

DetectionSetGroup:FilterPrefixes( { "HA EWR" } )

CapZone_Havarya = ZONE_POLYGON:New( "CapZone_Havarya" , GROUP:FindByName( "CapZone_Havarya" ) )

A2ADispatcher:SetBorderZone( CapZone_Havarya )

A2ADispatcher:SetEngageRadius( 40000 )

A2ADispatcher:SetIntercept( 450 )

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadron( "Havadarya", AIRBASE.PersianGulf.Havadarya, { "Havadarya Def" },8 )

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronOverhead( "Havadarya", .5 )

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronGrouping( "Havadarya", 2 )

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronGci( "Havadarya", 900, 1200 )

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronCapInterval( "Havadarya", 2, 10, 20, 1 )

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronTakeoffFromRunway("Havadarya")

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronLandingAtEngineShutdown( "Havadarya" )

A2ADispatcher:Start()

However, now I have a new problem.

1. When an intruder enters the Havandarya Cap zone... I only want the aircraft at Havandarya to spawn and visa versa... Aircraft at both locations spawn... How do I fix that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys, I'm trying to setup Eclipse LDT with intellisense, but as soon as I configure the Moose_Framework project I got this errors:

An internal error occurred during: "Build Modules".

Index 14318 out of bounds for length 14318

for 5 times.

Any help?

Thanks a lot

MOOSE - Mission Object Oriented Scripting Framework

First things first: You overwrite the content of A2ADispatcher in your second part. You basically declare a variable like x = something. And in the second part you tell x to be something else. You can give the different names. Also, you only need one dispatcher for one coalition. You can set up as much squadrons for one coalition as you like.

Second: The A2ADispatcher handles general CAP tasking and engagement when in range. As soon as the A2ADispatcher is triggered, all CAP flights will be startet and fly to their assigned zines where they will be perform patrol. I would suggest setting up an GCI intercept. The Airbase nearest to the intruder will launch a direct intercept flight if there is no CAP flight in range at the moment . The CAP flights are basically just spooling up at this point. When CAP flights are in position an there is an intruder, the CAP flight in range will be engaging the intruder.

Edited by SkipperSMG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys, I'm trying to setup Eclipse LDT with intellisense, but as soon as I configure the Moose_Framework project I got this errors:

An internal error occurred during: "Build Modules".

Index 14318 out of bounds for length 14318

for 5 times.

Any help?

Thanks a lot

Do you use latest LDT build? In my case it was a known bug in LDT itself.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First things first: You overwrite the content of A2ADispatcher in your second part. You basically declare a variable like x = something. And in the second part you tell x to be something else. You can give the different names. Also, you only need one dispatcher for one coalition. You can set up as much squadrons for one coalition as you like.

Second: The A2ADispatcher handles general CAP tasking and engagement when in range. As soon as the A2ADispatcher is triggered, all CAP flights will be startet and fly to their assigned zines where they will be perform patrol. I would suggest setting up an GCI intercept. The Airbase nearest to the intruder will launch a direct intercept flight if there is no CAP flight in range at the moment . The CAP flights are basically just spooling up at this point. When CAP flights are in position an there is an intruder, the CAP flight in range will be engaging the intruder.

Can you give me an example... I don't quite understand what I need to change..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]