DCS Persian Gulf - terrain noise tiles fix.

I do not understand why ED does not add to the base game this incredible MOD. Thank you Mustang!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I'm sorry to up this thread.

But, i just wanna say how crazy is the (simple ?) mod from Mustang about increasing the texture rendering in DCS !

So, an existential question came to my mind : why Eagle Dynamics don't make the same and adopt this change ? If it's "simply" a moddification in an .lua file, why not ? It's maybe very fast to do, and i will increase the experience of everyone ! I also didn't noticed any FPS changement...

Look :

Ke4sENB.png

DwGeD7h.png

This is really, really better...

Thanks Mustang !

So, i have a question for Mustang, if you accept to anwser it, don't feel forced : can you say to me what is the line code you changed in the "terrainoptions41.lua" file to get this ?

I wanna play and try different values with this, for personal use only.

If you know where is the line to increase the visual range (terrain, world view distance) i take it also ;)

Thanks

++

Edited by Mav783

I really don't undertsand why ED don't do the same, it's a mod in only one .lua file...And it will increase hardly the texture quality for everyone, without risking a integrity check. With the same FPS...

Also for the "repetition stripes" mod, that is not already fixed, but was fixed by Mustang long time ago. But i'm scared that this mod (repetition) don't work well, cause ED updated lot of textures since this mod was created by Mustang.

++

But it is more demanding on your gpu. I tried this mod myself and it seems to need more vram on your gpu. I am still stuck on my amd 7870 2gb and this little fix makes nttr unplayable for me. But, ED surely sure make this an additional graphics setting in game for everyone thats not sitting on such a low vram gpu like myself.

Also for the "repetition stripes" mod, that is not already fixed, but was fixed by Mustang long time ago. But i'm scared that this mod (repetition) don't work well, cause ED updated lot of textures since this mod was created by Mustang.

++

I've been using these modifed stripeless textures in the current OB version and there is no conflict or problem, if there is ever a change to these textures I would address it quickly and let anyone who uses this mod know about it.

I do not understand why ED does not add to the base game this incredible MOD. Thank you Mustang!

Just to reiterate - why isn't this done by ED in-house in an official capacity, since this seems to be a known issue?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hello guys,

But it is more demanding on your gpu. I tried this mod myself and it seems to need more vram on your gpu. I am still stuck on my amd 7870 2gb and this little fix makes nttr unplayable for me. But, ED surely sure make this an additional graphics setting in game for everyone thats not sitting on such a low vram gpu like myself.

Ho ? Ok !

Recent (more than 4 to 11Go) VRAM 3D card are maybe too powerfull to be affected.

---

I've been using these modifed stripeless textures in the current OB version and there is no conflict or problem' date=' if there is ever a change to these textures I would address it quickly and let anyone who uses this mod know about it.[/quote']

Ok thank you ! :)

---

Just to reiterate - why isn't this done by ED in-house in an official capacity, since this seems to be a known issue?

This TWO mods should be done by ED ! :D

The one that fix the "grid effect/repetition stripes" (in.zip) don't pass the integrity check...can not play online with it. ED need to wake up about this ! And we all know it is fixable :D

The cosmetic one, that increase the quality/def of the ground texture pass it :)

Edited by Mav783

The one that fix the "grid effect/repetition stripes" (in.zip) don't pass the integrity check...can not play online with it. ED need to wake up about this ! And we all know it is fixable :D

The cosmetic one, that increase the quality/def of the ground texture pass it :)

It will pass IC if you ask the server owner to allow texture modifications serverside, the 104th dedicated allows this for example as do a few other servers.

• 1 month later...

Is more on the RAM usage side, is fairly noticeable the increase in RAM used. But no FPS hits.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Well i dont know if a 1080 with 8G VRAm + 16G RAM DDR3 is enough to handle or not.

Thats my config and is running this mod really fine. Never happen to me a crash because running out of memory. Also im using process lasso at the start of any MP mission to clear some RAM and handle the session.

Runs great for me, and my PC is outdated, i5 2500K so...

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Well i dont know if a 1080 with 8G VRAm + 16G RAM DDR3 is enough to handle or not.

Thats my config and is running this mod really fine. Never happen to me a crash because running out of memory. Also im using process lasso at the start of any MP mission to clear some RAM and handle the session.

Runs great for me, and my PC is outdated, i5 2500K so...

I initially ran this mod with an AMD R9 380 4gb graphics card and 16gb RAM it coped with it just fine.