Mustang seems now too easy to me !

CHDT

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost like the game changes its mind about "easy" or "realistic" settings from one mission to the other one !

Oh! I don't remember if this was mentioned in the earlier pages of this thread, but what you just wrote reminds me: you know about the separate difficulty settings, and missions over-riding the ones you set in your options menu?

There are two different ways of setting a difficulty option. Say, "Game Flight Mode." So, you can turn Game-mode off in your Gameplay options, from the Options menu at the main menu, but you also can set it off in your Mission options, from the File menu in the mission editor. Or both.

Thing is, under certain conditions, the Mission options that you (or whoever made the mission you're using) set in the mission editor can over-ride your Gameplay options you set in the Options menu! One of these conditions is if it's a multiplayer and you're on someone else's server. That one's obvious: if you're on someone else's server, their Mission options will naturally override your Gameplay options. But it can happen to you on your own server, or even in single-player.

If the Game Flight Mode is on in the Mission options, and the "Enforce" box is checked, then whenever you fly that mission, you'll be using Game mode instead of Sim mode, regardless of what you set in the Gameplay options from the main menu Options. I now think this may be the problem.

Edited by Echo38

I found the solution. Go to settings/ Special/ P-51 and turn takeoff assistance to "0"

OP already tried that, it didn't help:

Here's the track:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=41405994762543955812

PS: I even deleted the files in my "Saved games" folder to let the game create other files.

At first start of the game, the assistance was set by defaut at 100.

I put it back of course to "o".

Without any effect.

For some reasons, I imagine that on some configs the aids stay at "100" even if one set them at "o".

Anyway, few weeks ago I tried to reproduce this and I can confirm that I was having same issues in P51's quick start missions, i.e. aircraft was behaving like with auto rudder and/or assistance on.

By looking into file (e.g.) Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Missions\EN\QuickStart\P-51D Take Off Batumi.miz\options, there is indeed

["P-51D"] = 
       {
           ["assistance"] = 0,
           ["autoRudder"] = true,
       }, -- end of ["P-51D"]

When looking into other MIZ files, it is kind of mess; sometimes rudder is on and assistance at 100, sometimes the opposite.

As far as I can see, these settings cannot be altered via mission editor, but have to be edited /deleted manually. I think that after I changed these options in MIZ file (in previous version), the plane started behaving normally.

However, when trying with most current version (1.5.3), DCS seems to be ignoring these settings in MIZ file completely and I'm not able to reproduce the original issue anymore. Which really baffles me.

@CHDT, would it be possible for you to try to edit these settings in MIZ files and let us know the result?

(given that inconclusive results I'm getting now I really don't believe it will work, but let's give it a shot)

Wow thats wierd. Honestly I don't know... Maybe set it to 100 in the game, exit, delete the folder, repair DCS and then change the setting?

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Looks like we have some issue with proper saving of a settings in the mission editor now. It happens in various options (flare gun in 109 is a part of the problem as well). We are working to fix this ASAP.

This may have just happened as of an update or two ago. I just was commenting to ED on an unrelated ticket that the P51 and both German planes were having issues like this. When I went into the settings and realized that takeoff assist was at 100% for all three.

I put it back to 0 and all was just dandy again. I always set it to 0 and was wondering why it went back to 100. None the less.......problem with the flight dynamics is solved. I hope I do not have to reset it every time I go into the sim. I'll have to check that out.

Reminds me of yet another "problem" with the pitch trim setting when we use the engine start cheat (R-ALT HOME), and when it get's to the moment of setting pitch trim it says it's 2º nose down but actually moves the pitch trim wheel a lot more....

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

• ED Team
Wow really??? I swear that I could feel the difference. The plane was pulling to the left and the rudder was more responsive it hasn't really done that in a while. Hmm........

I think it depends on the mission you are trying, doesnt happen every mission.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Has anyone having this issue checked to confirm that it isn't due to the "enforce" checkbox(es) I mentioned?

What options exactly do you have in mind? I haven't found any way how to edit these exact options (auto rudder and t/o assistance) in Mission Editor.

Sorry, "ninja edited" my post while you were writing that, it seems. I'm specifically thinking of Game Mode. I imagine Game Mode comes with other simplifications which you might noticed, but it's worth looking at the mission in the editor just to make sure no options are being enforced, which could possibly affect this in any way.

To be clear, there are two boxes by each option--one to determine whether or not to enforce the option, and one to determine whether the option is on or off.

So, if Game Mode has "enforce" checked and "on" checked, then there's a problem. If Game Mode has "enforce" checked and "off" checked, then this option is okay. If Game Mode has "enforce" un-checked, then it shouldn't matter whether "on" or "off" is checked, as your options that you set in the Options menu from the main menu should over-ride this.

Tried to play with mission editor for a while and here are the results:

All the options from mission editor are written into mission file (e.g. XXX.miz\mission). But settings for plane's auto rudder and t/o assistance are in options (XXX.miz\options). (Un)setting any mission option has therefore no influence on values in options file (to be honest, I was thinking about game mode as possible culprit too).

Values in option file are taken from mission creator's DCS settings. So the only thing needed is to turn off auto-rudder and t/o assistant, open the mission in mission editor and save it. This will propagate the values from user settings into mission settings.

This, of course, should be performed on ED side, because if user will re-save them on his own, they will be overwritten during next repair / update.

But, as mentioned earlier, despite the fact that I was able to reproduce this in some of the previous version, it seems to be fixed in most recent one.

I've exchanged few messages with OP (CHDT) and it really seems to be fixed for him as well, i.e. these mission options are now simply ignored / overridden by user's settings. But let's wait for the CHDT's confirmation here.

Edit: I tried game mode as well and yes, it makes the plane to go straight, but w/o any noticeable rudder movement. And I remember that when testing this few weeks ago, I saw that rudder was moving on its own in order to compensate all the forces.

Edited by Cpt.Rookie

• 2 months later...

The issue is that on some missions the "Take off assistance" is enforced depending on the user who last saved the mission.

If he had that option enabled it will be enforced for everyone sadly ...

So it's not the P-51 dumbing down model that's nonsense

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

• 2 years later...
Local testers just reported me that the issue with mission editor is fixed. So please wait for the next update.

I know this thread is over 2.5 years old now. But I just wanted to take the P-51D for a ride again and noticed that it was extremely easy to take off, totally different to what I remember. Checked my settings and the TO assist was cranked up to 100 and I don't know why as I always used to have them down to 0 for all the props and I never changed those settings afterwards. Well, cranking it down didn't change anything until I came across this very thread and resaved my mission. So I I understood correctly that was the issue that supposedly had be fixed, but it's still there in 2.5.3.21444...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg