Huey to Huey homing

sunwukong

Hi Everyone

I’m being told that it’s possible to do huey to Huey homing in dcs...one sends a signal and the other Huey homes in. I can’t find anything anywhere so here I am. Is it possible to do this (not ai..both real pilots)? If so please can you point me in the right direction.

Cheers

You set one of the aircraft to transmit only and the other aircraft to receiver only Obviously you would both be tuned to the same radio freq, but you have to have line of sight with each other in order for it to work. And even still, Ive never tried it before so Im not 100% sure thats how it would work. Hell, Im not even sure if the transmitter is even powerful enough to broadcast at longer ranges. Doesnt mean that it doesnt either...

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

You don't. Point is: use the FM radio and be sure to hold the transmit button down.

You actually transmit when holding the button down? I thought the PTT-button just opens the radio menu and the actual transmission only happens when the radio message is being send after you selected it from the menu?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You actually transmit when holding the button down? I thought the PTT-button just opens the radio menu and the actual transmission only happens when the radio message is being send after you selected it from the menu?

When you use the PTT, you actually turn the transmitter on; how else are you going to talk on the radio? Technically speaking, your radio is its own radio station. When you touch the PTT, you actually broadcast on your selected radio station through the radio emitter. Its much like listening to your AM/FM radio in your garage at home. On a side note (and irrelevent at that) your aircraft is legally required to have an FCC radio permit to broadcast radio stations much like all your country/rock/weaksauce radio stations. The difference being they have a larger antenna to work with.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins