Iwo Jima new free map?

MobiSev

Been known for a year.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you're going to copy stuff of Reddit (and you did, as that's the exact picture u/Toilet2000 used), at least read the entire thread and acknowledge the fact that module was added to steam > 4 YEARS ago, otherwise you're going to come off as rather disingenuous.

If you found it elsewhere, then fair enough. It's a bit of a misleading screenshot.

You would also have found the link to the discussion thread about the map on this forum telling you it's from M3/LN and not ED.

Edited by Buzzles

Something from that area of the world did slip into DCS 2.5.5.

warning-sign.png

Interesting, so it's something about thieves will be caught and killed lol. In Simpllified Chinese not Japanese so that means some China Asset Pack stuff or South China Sea?

Interesting, so it's something about thieves will be caught and killed lol. In Simpllified Chinese not Japanese so that means some China Asset Pack stuff or South China Sea?

The file is part of the China asset pack. \DCS World\CoreMods\aircraft\ChinaAssetPack\Shapes\Static\biaoyu.edm

If you're going to copy stuff of Reddit (and you did, as that's the exact picture u/Toilet2000 used), at least read the entire thread and acknowledge the fact that module was added to steam > 4 YEARS ago, otherwise you're going to come off as rather disingenuous.

If you found it elsewhere, then fair enough. It's a bit of a misleading screenshot.

You would also have found the link to the discussion thread about the map on this forum telling you it's from M3/LN and not ED.

oh, I got it from somewhere else lol. Someone posted it in a discord server I'm a part of. I didn't know it was 4 years old, my bad

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Roughly: "yu no go nao, yu dai"

This could mean anything from Hainan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, or even Vietnam.... or the Phillipines....

Just for the record, what the signboard says is:

(Those who) steal the secrets will certainly be caught; when caught, death penalty applies.

Most likely be seen at military facilities or relevant sensitive research institutes in mainland China some 30-50 years ago...

Probably a bit of OT here, but the interesting thing is, the way it mentions death penalty is literally "Decapitation", which is inherit from ancient China as a slang of today's death penalty with added sense of cruelty for deterrence. But this is still considered as a very brutal and inaccurate word when used in formal occasion, so it could be very rare to seen today if nonexistence at all. I'd say it probably won't exist after 2000 if not earlier.

And it uses Simplified Chinese in horizontal order (left to right), so definitely after 1956.

So, this signboard could only exist between some 1960 to 2000.

Whoever designed this did a good job in putting it in a very specific time period of history.

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR