Chuck's Guides - DCS Tutorial Library

Charly_Owl

33 minutes ago, Charly_Owl said:

since I'm not aware of any system logic being changed

Actually there have been some minor changes:

- The button on the FR24 radio that was used for the intercomm, does not work anymore, have to use the \ key instead.

- The FR22 radio has changed a bit on its preset use, it no longer lists the radio channel of other units on the mission.

- The parking brake has issues handling hardware toe brakes, you have to release the brakes perfectly in sync or else the parking brake disengages.

I'm re-learning the Viggen in anticipation of the Kola Map release, and those are the items that I have noted so far, but I have not yet tackled the armament, so not sure if there are issues in that aspect yet.

Thanks a lot for all your Guides, learning DCS without them would be really hard 🙏

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

@Legs Hard to say. I was planning on doing the update for the AH-64 once the FCR becomes available. I'm way too caught up in the Strike Eagle at the moment to start working on other guides, especially since some people were not pleased that I've spent time working on updating the L-39, German warbirds and Gazelle during the last few months. It's a tough situation to be in; whatever I choose to spend time and energy on, someone somewhere will think I should be doing something else.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

55 minutes ago, Charly_Owl said:

whatever I choose to spend time and energy on, someone somewhere will think I should be doing something else.

It's really sad to know that there is people so entitled with the works others do for free in benefit of this hobby 🙄 .. please know that not everyone is like that, I'm happy with whatever Guide you choose to do or update, in fact I enjoy to be surprised when you come out with a new Guide 🙏

• Like 12

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Charly_Owl said:

@Legs Hard to say. I was planning on doing the update for the AH-64 once the FCR becomes available. I'm way too caught up in the Strike Eagle at the moment to start working on other guides, especially since some people were not pleased that I've spent time working on updating the L-39, German warbirds and Gazelle during the last few months. It's a tough situation to be in; whatever I choose to spend time and energy on, someone somewhere will think I should be doing something else.

Sorry if i came off wrong. Just curious

LEGS - JTF-13

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Charly_Owl:

Don't let yourself be put under pressure. We know that you do this voluntarily and that you invest a lot of time and work in these guides (and the quality and content are sometimes better than many manuals...)

autoaufkleber-schildkroete-hetz-mich-nicht-aa280-1.jpg

• Like 6

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On the KA-50 control setup page the Warthog throttle boat switch, ministick, and left throttle button have arrows pointing to them indicating something should be mapped to these but there are no labels. Bug or works as intended?

Chuck, it seems that there is a problem between M2000 and F14 guides about CCRP and CCIP.

On the F14 guide, CCIP is a dive attack (unguided bomb p361) and on the M200 guide, CCIP is a horizontal attack (p213). The dive attack on the M2000 is described as CCRP mode.

On 1/13/2024 at 2:37 PM, Phoenix FR said:

Chuck, it seems that there is a problem between M2000 and F14 guides about CCRP and CCIP.

On the F14 guide, CCIP is a dive attack (unguided bomb p361) and on the M200 guide, CCIP is a horizontal attack (p213). The dive attack on the M2000 is described as CCRP mode.

Not sure about the F-14 but for the M2000 this is correct, the only authorized CCIP release profile is a low level <650ft AGL 500 knot level release. CCRP (CCPL) has dive-dive, dive-level, and dive-toss releases. It’s in the manual.

On 1/13/2024 at 11:37 PM, Phoenix FR said:

CCRP and CCIP are merely terminology to describe the calculation method for delivery, that it, either showing the pilot where the bomb will land, or showing him where they need to be for the bomb to land on given coordinates.

The Mirage 2000 and F-14 have completely different avionics and philosophies of employment. Thus, both guides are correct.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Charly_Owlany ETA for the F-15E guide?

No meant to put any pressure on you, I just need an approximate idea (ETA still means "estimate") of the release date to plan what to study next 😉

In b4: 2 weeks 🤣

Edited by LordOrion

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

5 hours ago, LordOrion said:

Hi @Charly_Owlany ETA for the F-15E guide?

No meant to put any pressure on you, I just need an approximate idea (ETA still means "estimate") of the release date to plan what to study next 😉

In b4: 2 weeks 🤣

Too soon to tell. Still working on the Sensors section. I should be in a better position to have an accurate ETA once I'm done with the Weapons section.

• Like 11

Too soon to tell. Still working on the Sensors section. I should be in a better position to have an accurate ETA once I'm done with the Weapons section.

Thank you!

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

• 3 weeks later...

Please include A2A-TACAN tutorial steps in Harrier guide.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence