CTLD cargo crates query

Mr_sukebe

I have a mission that I'm working on, and I'm struggling a bit with CTLD, hoping that someone can please help.

Right now I have:

- CTLD, CSAR and mist all loading

- My helicopters have pilots, i.e. helicargo1, 2 etc

- I've given my FARPS the names of logistic1, 2 etc

- I've setup pickzone1 etc, and given them a radius of 2000'

- CTLD is running, as my helicopters can load troops

What I'm unable to do is load cargo.

I've had a good scan at the online videos from ciribob about cargo, and that mentions cratespawn.

Tried using the script cratespawn and that just kills my DCS.

Can someone please answer the following:

- Can I name a FARP logistic1? The notes by Ciri infer that any static object can be a logistic unit

- Do I need to run cratespawn to generate a crate, or can I place say a container within a pickzone?

If someone has a simple mission that includes the generation of suitable crates for use with a logistic unit, that would be awesome.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Do you have this set to False??

ctld.hoverPickup = false -- if set to false you can load crates with the F10 menu instead of hovering... Only if not using real crates!

Don't know if you can name a FARP as logistic, but I've never tried. I just use the warehouse, or water tanks. I've never used "cratespawn" that I can recall. Setting that above script line to "False" should enable crate spawning from the F10 menu w/o the need to hover. Of course, if you simply can't even spawn a crate to begin with, then not sure what's wrong.

Edited by CL30

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here is a quick demo mission I made for you. It has a working FARP (rearm/refuel), a Pickzone for troops, and a Warehouse (logistic) for crate spawning. Hope that helps!

CTLD_demo.miz

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That’s ace, my thanks.

Just checked out the mission that you kindly provided.

The issue was simply that I'd tried to use a FARP static as a "logistic" unit, and not a warehouse. Inserted a warehouse close by and it worked perfectly.

Very happy bunny now.

Edited by Mr_sukebe

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

That’s ace, my thanks.

Just checked out the mission that you kindly provided.

The issue was simply that I'd tried to use a FARP static as a "logistic" unit, and not a warehouse. Inserted a warehouse close by and it worked perfectly.

Very happy bunny now.

Awesome! Glad you got it figured out. This stuff is hard and confusing to learn. I found many answers here, so happy to pay it forward for once. :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]