How to create a RoughMets skin after finish the skin?

borba_eagle

The lack of blue values in that roughmet is haunting.

I recommend you check out Skatezilla's Roughmet/PBR Guide. Should be the first result from a search with those keywords

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

did you find anything helpful mate cause i looked over the guid and nothing there for the RoughMet creation or how to do it ...

still need help here with this

A roughmet is a texture that controls how light will interact with a surface, giving it a plastic, polished, metallic, and other appearances.

Colors come in the typical RGB (red green blue) format. Technically RGBA, for Alpha, but that can be ignored. A color in the roughmet controls what kind of interaction it has with light, depending on the combination of the three primary colors. Red controls ambient occlusion, the amount of second-hand light that will bounce off the surface, will typically want this always 100%. Green controls roughness. Think of it like glass which you can control how frosted it is, or how much light it will scatter. Blue controls reflectivity, if a surface will bounce light from its surroundings.

Using these in tandem will get various results. For instance, in the OP's photo, where there is orange, it is a combination of ambient occlusion (red, and lots of it) and green (roughness, the more, the more rough). For making holes, along with having black in the diffuse map, you'll want that to be 100% green, 0% red, 0% blue. Most of the time, you'll at least want a slight bit of blue (which is why I made my blue comment far above). It will give a material a highlight, and you rarely find a material that won't call for it irl. That's why I think the Viper should at least have a little blue added.

You can quickly experiment with different colors to get different results using the modelviewer, an executable in the DCS/bin folder. File/import a model for an aircraft, and then select a livery (one you changed or created) and view it. You only have ti Reload Textures to see any new changes you make.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

A roughmet is a texture that controls how light will interact with a surface, giving it a plastic, polished, metallic, and other appearances.

Colors come in the typical RGB (red green blue) format. Technically RGBA, for Alpha, but that can be ignored. A color in the roughmet controls what kind of interaction it has with light, depending on the combination of the three primary colors. Red controls ambient occlusion, the amount of second-hand light that will bounce off the surface, will typically want this always 100%. Green controls roughness. Think of it like glass which you can control how frosted it is, or how much light it will scatter. Blue controls reflectivity, if a surface will bounce light from its surroundings.

Using these in tandem will get various results. For instance, in the OP's photo, where there is orange, it is a combination of ambient occlusion (red, and lots of it) and green (roughness, the more, the more rough). For making holes, along with having black in the diffuse map, you'll want that to be 100% green, 0% red, 0% blue. Most of the time, you'll at least want a slight bit of blue (which is why I made my blue comment far above). It will give a material a highlight, and you rarely find a material that won't call for it irl. That's why I think the Viper should at least have a little blue added.

You can quickly experiment with different colors to get different results using the modelviewer, an executable in the DCS/bin folder. File/import a model for an aircraft, and then select a livery (one you changed or created) and view it. You only have ti Reload Textures to see any new changes you make.

can you make a youtube tutorial?

• 3 years later...