Why Christen Eagle II?

Dolphin887

This is not a product I will buy. But that doesn't mean it doesn't have a place here or that it was a bad choice. I have full trust that this is a well made sim, and that the people who buy it will fully enjoy it. It's simply not something I feel like flying. What was a bad choice is the way to release it. The cryptic hinting and teasing only made people start wishing for their favourite aircraft that could fit the hints. When all those wishes turned out wrong, and they are shown something way off what they were expecting, I fear that you have lost the respect of a chunk of the community, and destroyed your possibility to perform anything like this in the future. Compare this to the announcement of the Yak-52, people weren't gathering pitchforks for that (as much at least). I hope it isn't like I see it, but I hope that you guys at M3 have a feeling for how this community responds to things like this. I wish you good luck with this module.

Sad to see the flak and vitriol currently directed at LN over this project. The teasing game was too much to handle for those who got drunk on their own hype.

I won't buy it, since time and money for DCS are limited and it doesn't really interest me that much. Also a bit worried that aerobatics would be too much for me to stomach in VR! Still, wishing all the best to LN for this project and the next! :pilotfly:

Edited by uke

Not my type of bird, but like so many other modules, it might surprise me and as i dont have an acrobatic bird i will purchase my first one and then decide if it is worth it.:thumbup:

Best of luck.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Just because it doesn't have a gun mounted on it doesn't mean it wont be fun to fly. :music_whistling:

• Like 1

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Initially, I was a little bit confused regarding this decision to implement this airplane. But what I forgot and quickly realized, was the fidelity and potential the DCS Engine holds. I'm not sure about the scope of this potential or what the future will hold, but it's always been my desire to see a civilian flight simulator (not unlike XP11, FSX or P3D) but with the same fidelity of flight modelling that we have all come to love in the DCS community.

Maybe I'm off on a completely different tangent to what is relevant, but that's just my two cents.

I'll buy this, as the love of aviation isn't conditional and if it's something built on passion, it deserves to exist so that others can enjoy it as well.

Edited by Buckram
  • Like 2

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The thing that hurts the most is you have chosen to develop this and leave the MiG-21 broken.

If you wanted to do a non combat prop why not the C-130?

I will not support your efforts on this one, I am sorry.

My thoughts also.

Thank you for not further develop/fix Mig21 (that is still being sold on a continuously evolving platform... is not like a game done and made "gold version"... it's like a service. if the game is maintained it keeps selling, if not... not) so you can build an aerobatic camera gimbal. :noexpression:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Again I'd like to point out that they didn't need to stop development for other modules.

They had the CE2 already internally as test and development base for their "real" modules. Many developers have something like that, some kind of base model to try out new techniques and develop new stuff.

It's just that over the time their internal tester (CE2) got better and better and suddenly it was already almost a full model. So they decided to just release it and let us play with it too. Completely logical to me.

If you wanted to do a non combat prop why not the C-130?

A four engine prop aircraft is nothing like a single engine when it come to flight dynamics. In that regard, M3 would be making a sensible choice.

However, the OP gives no indication that this is a precursor to anything, just something they decided to spend thousands of hours on because it flies.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I came to DCS for combat and even tho I love trainers like the Yak-52 or the L-39 as they are part of a military pilot's career Im not going to buy this one.

Civilian planes are good as AI that's all.

I share this opinion.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I just hope M3 is trolling...

At this point I would say your hopes are just that. This is real.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Could this be fun is game yes I'm sure it can and im sure a few will buy it to use on the acrobatic servers.

If it's priced under £15 I probably will buy it to.

But please for the love of god, don't build hype for a token module, do it for a F-18 / F-14 level bird!

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I'm not going to stomp M3's/LN's guts out because of their passion. I get it, DCS is an amazing platform. But teasing the community over something that frankly didn't warrant the teasing was not a good plan. You didn't see this level of vitriol over the very understated Yak-52 announcement.

I wish you guys luck.

• Like 1

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

I am ok with this plane, you can do whatever you want. But, frankly speaking, I just don't want the icon of this module on my DCS main screen. At least there should be an options to turn the icon off (better for all modules separately). No offence, it could be great module but it doesn't fit DCS frameworks on my opinion. I wish you to finish this module in contradistinction to forever "early access" Mig-21.

UPD: I've slightly changed my mind after reading all that angry posts. IMHO it was overreacted. I can only imagine how frustrated developers can be now. So, let it be) Maybe it will fit DCS well. Maybe ED should set apart a branch for civil aviation and add some switch on the main screen of the game... Probably I wouldn't buy it but I wish you well! And I hope you guys will give some diligent attention to old Mig-21bis next year!

Edited by unbreakable
UPD

Windows 10/ I5-4690K/ Asus Z97-A/ Asus GTX 970/ 16 Gb DDR3 1600MHz/ 1920*1080 / TrackIR 5/ Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog/ Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

ED and Belsimteks FM are the best in DCS hands down, they know how to make props, i see no way to break ground there, seeing Mig progress and especially FM no way near i see some ground breaking there. Sticking to WWII already is a niche sticking to non combat plane is suicide. I am really disapointed. It is so bad 1/2 of comunity thinks it is a joke;)

• Like 1

Again I'd like to point out that they didn't need to stop development for other modules.

You’re right, they didn’t need too, and yet the MiG-21 remains stagnant. If it really was an internal model that they wanted to share, charging for it is just insult to injury. Look I get that companies need to make money, but this is the same slippery slope argument of DCS WWII. When it becomes apparent that you can make more income with less effort by cranking out relatively (compared to more modern jets) simple prop aircraft, where is the incentive to make the more complex models? ED is a big enough team that they can better absorb having one side doing the WWII cash factory and another side doing the F/A-18, but these smaller 3rd parties? Not likely.

I could tolerate the jet trainers, because those could reasonably lead to bigger and badder jets. But this? This is a bad sign. And the way they announced shows a clear disconnect between them and much of the community.

Edited by Subferro
  • Like 1