MiG-15 mission

Hi all,

Attached is my very first mission made public.

In this scenario, the Georgian ground forces have pushed through Adler during the early morning, taking advantage of bad weather to escape air attacks. The airfield has been evacuated since the attack started and you and your wingman are the last two aircraft to leave.

Mobile artillery units have been spotted by our troops on the ground, and you need to take them out to buy time before making your way and land in Maykop.

I think the mission is fairly easy, there's no enemy air units, and the enemy's mobile AA is quite limited. Please let me know what you think and how I can improve!

Latest version: [ATTACH]143240[/ATTACH]

MiG-15 Veselohe push.miz

Edited by etenil

Hello etenil,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mission Editor :) I thought I'd quick give your mission a shot. Nice work for, what I assume to be, your first mission (assumption based on that you are new to posting on these forums)

Here's my feedback (in the spoiler section)

This mission is actually rather difficult :) The enemy ground units have a bunch of units with AAA capability (albeit machine guns and what not) to shoot back at you.

I highly recommend adding some pictures in the mission briefing for where these enemy GRAD units are located. After I took off from Sochi, I went back to look the mission briefing description, to see if there was a direction of flight to get to the A.O. but didn't see anything. I was forced to look at the F10 map to find my way, and even then I had to zoom in on the units to find the right ones.

I suggest putting your primary targets in a location that's easier to visually ID from the cockpit (keep in mind the weather and visibility you have too) and also give some good pointers on where to look for these units. That is what will help this mission a ton.

I wasn't sure how many of these GRAD units needed to be taken out. I took out 3 after running out of ammo (missed the 4th, and had spent some ammunition on other targets before realizing they weren't the primary) I suggest a trigger on "group alive less than" and have it where if you take out 1/2 or 3/4 of them and then a message popping up saying "Good work, you've dealt a serious blow. RTB or continue taking them out ammo permitting (or something like that)"

Keep up the good work though! There's so much potential for these missions

- Apache600

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Hi Apache600,

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

I've used your suggestions to improve the mission and have attached an update.

I added a little map and a picture of the objective to help the player spot them. I also added a description of the target's location in the briefing. I had no trouble spotting them, but then I know exactly where they are so it might still need improvement :D

Although I've made the victory conditions a bit easier (only 3 out of 4 GRADs destroyed), I decided against displaying a "Good work" message, as I think a real pilot would need to assess whether the damage is sufficient by themselves.

MiG-15 Veselohe push.2.miz