2nd keyboard with custom key mappings?

I was actually thinking a clean way would be to wrap the device driver (with a filtering driver) and punt to another API. Like maybe feed vjoy. Then any old crap keyboard you have lying around could be a game controller with the maximum number of supported buttons (whatever that is currently in windows hehe.)

I was actually thinking a clean way would be to wrap the device driver (with a filtering driver) and punt to another API. Like maybe feed vjoy. Then any old crap keyboard you have lying around could be a game controller with the maximum number of supported buttons (whatever that is currently in windows hehe.)

If you build it, they will come :D

• 7 months later...
On 4/4/2020 at 6:50 AM, HiJack said:
Spoiler

Yes.

1. In Win 10 search box you write "cmd" and select the "Run as administrator" just under the command window icon that shows up. Nothing will work if this is done wrong.

2. Navigate the commandline window to the folder where you have the remapper installed. (f.eks mine is: C:\script\remapper)

3. When in the correct folder with the command window you run the "install-interception.exe" program with the switch /install. Command should look like this: install-interception.exe /install

4. Ensure you have a return information that the interception program states "INSTALLED".

5. reboot the pc.

6. for the remapper to work in Windows 10 the "remapper.exe" must be set to compatibility mode for Windows 7 and set to run as administrator.

7. Edit the batch file you use to start the remapper to include the complete path to the remapper.exe file. Se my example of batch job in the code section.

If your command window just quits without you seeing what is displayed then just add a "pause" in the end of the batch job. Hope this helps folks getting the remapper working in Windows 10. :thumbup:

Batchjob example. (rename the batch file to <whatevername>.cmd)

cd C:\script\remapper\
C:\script\remapper\remapper.exe DCS_FC3_remapper.txt

thanks.

lots of time i try to use a second keyboard/keypad for dcs to make a UFC F18 test, i tried every software i can find, like everybody knows here, it works on windows but not in DCS.

so i installed remapper / interception etc.

So i try again with your explaination, i think everything works well, no error, i can see remapper launch good i think, but nothing in DCS.

i can't find anymore how to write precisly the "convertion" script.

Is there a tuto of that somehere? the original link is broken.

I just change the HID with mine in the DCS_remapper.txt to test. when i push A in the game, it push A ^^

thanks

EDIT: MY BAD! it's work perfectly, very good, thanks @steve2112:thumbup:

where can i find a list of the keys? as num1/numenter/BS/etc... we need back the list of acceptable key names 😉

should it work with any numpad/keyboard/even gamer left hand chinese keyboard?

Edited by Bvv.Fr

this game is incredible 🤘

• 3 weeks later...

It's working well, but not for a long time, it depends. sometimes it's perfect during 2h and sometimes 5 minutes later i launch DCS remapper stop recognize my keyboard, and worst, the keyboard is no more recognize by anything (even soft as MultiKeyboard) it work again after reboot computer.

I need to continue my test, maybe it happen only when SRS is connecting... strange..

if someone has the same random problem?

this game is incredible 🤘