[FIXED] RB-75 is an unstoppable terminator missile

Nerd1000

For the Lols (and also because the Viggen has no other 'all aspect' missiles at the moment :mad:) I decided to try the RB-75 against air targets. Long story short, the RB-75 seems to have a) no seeker FOV limit and b) the relentlessness of the T-800 terminator. This Tacview track shows the problem: In a head-on shot against a MiG-29 the RB-75 misses on the initial intercept and, undeterred, does a 15g 180 and continues to home in on the hapless MiG until it hits, having slowed to around 600 km/h with no apparent loss of maneuverability.

Naturally, I intend to abuse this in multiplayer, if I ever get within 9 km of a fighter before being hit in the face with an AMRAAM 😄

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
No, this is fixed.

No it is not, or it was and the bug returned (see pictures).

The other day I also saw a guy who used the Viggen as a SAM. He placed himself with his Viggen on an airbase that got attacked by the enemy team. He then went ahead and fired one RB-75 after anough at attacking enemy aircraft while standing on the ground. After he fired 4 Mavericks he performed a quick rearming and continued. That was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen in DCS, but it worked exceptionally and unrealistically well, which is no suprise given the terminator performance of the RB-75 when used against air targets...

1962379331_RB75BS1.thumb.PNG.8d52087fd1b68bc017eccf715774d4d6.PNG

12873050_RB75BS2.thumb.PNG.43da26f7ed70161c6c6a679407313421.PNG

696813987_RB75BS3.thumb.PNG.244739eb941b2a0cf564b918a516c7b0.PNG

1532459838_RB75BS4.thumb.PNG.e90448c60c7ed2e29af3d80fdd4e3e39.PNG

1348067866_RB75BS5.thumb.PNG.31915ca5ac5db4d885ad350eccef3df3.PNG

2061781121_RB75BS6.thumb.PNG.3da86b0c76fbdf90c68144561d79ed98.PNG

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...

Is no one else here bothered by this? The RB-75 is an incredible anti air weapon at the moment. It can't be spoofed by countermeassures, it retains a lock even after missing the target to perform a U-turn and come back, and most ridiculously, I have seen people using it as a SAM, standing on the airbase and shooting enemy aircraft out of the sky with ground launched RB-75... :mad:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

LOL

All missiles, all targeting systems etc requires a revisit.

Like one day I was flat spinning in hornet, maybe a 3 rotations per second, so about 1000°/s and I couldn't do anything else than laugh how TGP was perfectly tracking the ground locked Tunguska. That TGP screen was only stable thing in VR to focus until crash.

The Targeting pods are without limits in their gimbals speed and accuracy. Too perfect tracking, no jittery, no swaying, no requirement to correct pod position, no problems in sleeving accuracy etc etc.

And same thing is with missiles. No FOV, as the missile will find the transfer imminently when it appears inside the missile seeker gimbal limits and range. There is no missiles that should have seeker head scanning the volume to find the target by performing search pattern, to find logic that what target is the right one etc etc....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I've never experienced the described Maverick behaviour on any other aircraft than the Viggen. Things like too perfect TPOD on the Hornet are other issues.

Tornado3 small.jpg

I've never experienced the described Maverick behaviour on any other aircraft than the Viggen. Things like too perfect TPOD on the Hornet are other issues.

The Targeting pods are related to all missiles and all possible systems there that is about targeting.

Even today you do not get the realistic radar or IR seekers behavior where there is high deadzone between detection and not detecting. Instead they are "Detected" or "not detected" with almost black and white treshhold.

And this RB-75 seeker head is about the problem, if target stays in the gimbal limits (that RB-75 has likely set to 360 degrees) then it is perfectly tracked no matter what.

No missile seekers has gimbal limitations, no algorithms to perform the search patterns constantly, no spotting wrong targets, no missing the correct targets etc.

The Hornet radar was first one to include a radar beam FOV that is scanned across the volume, used only that to find the targets.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Is no one else here bothered by this? The RB-75 is an incredible anti air weapon at the moment. It can't be spoofed by countermeassures, it retains a lock even after missing the target to perform a U-turn and come back, and most ridiculously, I have seen people using it as a SAM, standing on the airbase and shooting enemy aircraft out of the sky with ground launched RB-75... :mad:
LMAO

Couldnt you just blow him up with the LGB lol?

Well I help bumping this and hope it get fixed soon.

Thanks for a good laugh thou

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

LMAO

Couldnt you just blow him up with the LGB lol?

Well I help bumping this and hope it get fixed soon.

Thanks for a good laugh thou

Well how, if he snipes me out of sky with surface to air terminator Mavericks that have longer range than LGBs...

Tornado3 small.jpg

Another incident from very recently apparently... https://streamable.com/t9251

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 4 weeks later...

Could any dev please acknowledge this issue?!

Take a look at DanielNL's video and my screenshot. Is this how it should work???

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Another example from a recent Grim Reapers video.

Starting at 6:35

WTF :doh:

Heatblur, would you please acknowledge this behaviour as a bug?? Or at least explain why this should be intended behaviour!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Oh yes... xD And the Stinger stuck aiming up 80°-bug is nearly as hilarious xD

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Are we sure it's up to HB? I thought that once a missile leaves the rail, it's pretty much all in ED's hands. Do other Mavs behave similarly?

I've never experienced the described Maverick behaviour on any other aircraft than the Viggen.

And I've seen it quite often now!

Another ridiculous example was a Viggen-SAM. It was on the BlueFlag server where, a Viggen pilot just kept sitting on the ramp of an airfield that was under attack by the enemy team. While sitting on the ramp, he was launching Mavs at attacking fighters above him, having more success at downing them than any SAM! And because he was sitting on the ramp he could rearm right away...

Tornado3 small.jpg

Just saw this in todays patch notes:

• Update Rb75 series FM to AFM

This looks like a fix for the terminator Maverick. Am I understanding this correctly?

Tornado3 small.jpg

Just saw this in todays patch notes:

This looks like a fix for the terminator Maverick. Am I understanding this correctly?

We need to try it.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

• 1 month later...

Just so you know guys, "reverted" = godmode is back again... Thank you Heatblur.....

watch out for those Viggens, guys. Also, since when can AGM-65 pull over 12 g? o_o (saw over 12g in a tacview)