Additional AI for Normandy

chris455

I hope we eventually see some additional AI air assets for Normandy. A few Me-110s, Ju-88s, Ju-52s or other slow movers would be fun to hunt in the P-51.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Remembering Arlie "Jack" Campbell, US Army Air Forces, WWII. Well done dad, rest in peace.

I hope we eventually see some additional AI air assets for Normandy. A few Me-110s, Ju-88s, Ju-52s or other slow movers would be fun to hunt in the P-51.
Indeed, but ED is still putting a lot of work into the WWII Assets. Take the B-17 for example. When we first got it, it didn't have working gunners. Soon it will hopefully have a proper damage model.

Gotta have something other than 17s for the Germans to knock on! There are some of the WIP Screenshots on the DCS page that show a C-47. Hopefully paratroopers will come with!

IMO, I vote for flyable Junkers JU-87.

Edited by Magic Zach

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Yes - a few squadrons of USAAF P-51 from a mixed collection of Groups (355th and 339th FGs) tore the back open of a group Stukas of II./SG103 (Pilotage School based at METZ-FRESCATY).

Combat occurred near Chartres on 06 June 1944 at 21H00. Mixture of -C, -V and -H sub-variants and some accounts even mention an -A!