Sturmgeschutz or StuG assault guns ?

Basco1

An ask to the devs.......

As there were around 190 Sturmgeschutz or StuG's (Turretless assault guns) operational in Normandy during the 1944 battle,would it be possible to add these units to the asset pack at a future date please ?

If they have been considered and are part of the master plan,please disregard this message.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

We already have the Stug IV.

Are you sure ?......I don't think we do.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Almost the same.

Yes, its not a Stug but is almost the same thing. The Stug superstructure is different from the Jagdpanzer IV, and also de gun but the concept is very close.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thanks for the confirmation gents,ok,yes as I thought,there is NO StuG......right,what I'm after,if at all possible,is the most popular,or common StuG,which was the StuG III,that's the model I'd like devs,if your reading this.

Almost the same.

Yes, its not a Stug but is almost the same thing. The Stug superstructure is different from the Jagdpanzer IV, and also de gun but the concept is very close.

:doh:

They had different purpose and StuG III is one of the most important German armoured vehicles.

To say they are the same is quite ignorant of their history.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

I know the history. And the differences.

Thanks for the adjective.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

:doh:

They had different purpose and StuG III is one of the most important German armoured vehicles.

To say they are the same is quite ignorant of their history.

True and false. While they were designed with different roles (Stugs began armed with 7.5 cm gun/howitzer) Jagdpanzer was a tank buster from the beggining... But in the later years, after many losses Stugs begn to become the usual replacement of Jagdpanther (as performance as tank buster was almost the same, in fact, had the same gun) and Panzer IV alike (stugs were cheaper to produce and also had the same gun while being slightly better protected in the front arc) replacing entirely those vehicles in many cases.

Su-27, MiG-29, same difference, almost the same :P.

Edit:

True and false. While they were designed with different roles (Stugs began armed with 7.5 cm gun/howitzer) Jagdpanzer was a tank buster from the beggining... But in the later years, after many losses Stugs begn to become the usual replacement of Jagdpanther (as performance as tank buster was almost the same, in fact, had the same gun) and Panzer IV alike (stugs were cheaper to produce and also had the same gun while being slightly better protected in the front arc) replacing entirely those vehicles in many cases.

Nope... Jagdpanther had the 88mm Pak43, while the StuG III & IV had 75mm StuK 40 in either L/43 or L/48 versions, same gun as the later marks of Panzer IV. Some Jagdpanzer IVs also had nearly the same gun as the 75mm L/48, but the normal armament for the Jagdpanzer IV was 75mm L/70 high velocity gun, which was mostly the same gun as the Panther tanks.

From the looks in the screenshot, Jagdpanzer IV in assets pack has the similar gun with the StuGs though.

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I´m sure he mean Jagdpanzer, a typo.

And this is why i´ve said they are almost the same. Repeat. ALMOST.

The Jagdpanzer IV in DCS has the SAME gun as the Stug III and in 1944 the Stugs were used in the very same role as the Jagdpanzers, antitank role in ambush, flank forces for Panzer Divisions and in a lot of situations a replacement for the pure tank battalions missing in a Panzer Division.

The main difference was NUMBERS. Stugs were much more than Jadgpanzers , and this is why the Jagdpanzers usually were forming in dedicated batallions, not forming part of a Panzer Division organically, but in combat they were doing the same job as Stugs, or even classic tanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Su-27, MiG-29, same difference, almost the same :P.

Edit:

Nope... Jagdpanther had the 88mm Pak43, while the StuG III & IV had 75mm StuK 40 in either L/43 or L/48 versions, same gun as the later marks of Panzer IV. Some Jagdpanzer IVs also had nearly the same gun as the 75mm L/48, but the normal armament for the Jagdpanzer IV was 75mm L/70 high velocity gun, which was mostly the same gun as the Panther tanks.

From the looks in the screenshot, Jagdpanzer IV in assets pack has the similar gun with the StuGs though.

Typo, i meant jagdpanzer, and L/70 wasn't standard at all. True, last batches were armed with that gun, as you say same as panthers. But still there was few of them, as the contemporary jagdpanther was clearly superior

• 3 weeks later...

A StuG is needed for sure, regardless how comparable it is to the Jagdpanzer IV. After all it was the most produced german tank in WW2 IIRC.

image.png?w=765&c=1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Great to see there's love for the StuG out there.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your input guys. Will put it up at the appropriate place.

Excellent !.....Thanks very much Groove,I think I can speak for the majority,when I say that this will be very,very much appreciated.

Great to see there's love for the StuG out there.

+1

Ah, I remember the old times, going hull down in a StuG III in ASL...nearly impossible to be hit, except by aircraft!

Hey...did you hear that? Sounds like a P-47...

Nah, can't be. They don't have P-47's is DCS. :unsure:

We have added the StuG to the production list.

Great news, thanks! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg