No target box on HUD: Unable to fire missile

Ryder35

Hi,

Just learning the F15 and all was going OK with instant action missions until recently every time I enter the mission (trying the intercept one) I cannot get a target designator box on the HUD. I turn on the radar, set tws and then lock onto a target. target locks but the HUD does not change and I do not get a TD box around the target or the circle on the HUD. Also get no range que on the right hand side.

Anyone got any ideas? It is driving me mad! Using a Warthog if that has any bearing. Could I have flipped a switch somewhere on that?

Hi,

Just learning the F15 and all was going OK with instant action missions until recently every time I enter the mission (trying the intercept one) I cannot get a target designator box on the HUD. I turn on the radar, set tws and then lock onto a target. target locks but the HUD does not change and I do not get a TD box around the target or the circle on the HUD. Also get no range que on the right hand side.

Anyone got any ideas? It is driving me mad! Using a Warthog if that has any bearing. Could I have flipped a switch somewhere on that?

Try pressing 2 key to set the main mode to BVR.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..