L-39 speed?

tflash

That's still lower than it should be, unless the "knots" version of ASI is glitched in the game, or both your sticks are faulty :D. You sure you're pulling 106% RPM?

I use metric pit and the kite gets to 730-740-ish kph at low altitudes in both DCS versions no problem (-C model in clean config, haven't tried -ZA one). That would be 400-ish kts.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yes strange indeed! I must be doing something wrong since

1/ no one reports a similar issue and

2/ there is unanimity here you can reach higher speeds!

So let's not worry about this; I enjoy to fly the L-39; of course I do not know the real thing but imho the flight model is so extremely well done, it is just simply a dream to fly! What I like most is when you land and take-off you seem to actually "feel" the runway! ED did magic with this kit!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Look, this is what I said:

1) Leave flaps on TO.

2) Apply cruise power, trim for level flight.

3) The L-39ZA doesn't exceed 300KMPH and the flaps don't autoretract.

Or this at least happened the last time I forgot to raise my flaps after taking off. And THAT was all I claimed, NOT anything about the ruddy trim tab. Comprendo?

EDIT: although it has to be said that it's been a while since this happened, I was still running v1.5 instead of NTTR so no idea if the machine still behaves that way.

I guess "cruise power" is the key here, as we don't know how You define that one. I can only confirm, that in current 2.1.1, -ZA with 90% N1 RPM reaches auto-retraction speed (~310-320 kph) successfully, although it does take a while.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yes strange indeed! I must be doing something wrong since

1/ no one reports a similar issue and

2/ there is unanimity here you can reach higher speeds!

So let's not worry about this; I enjoy to fly the L-39; of course I do not know the real thing but imho the flight model is so extremely well done, it is just simply a dream to fly! What I like most is when you land and take-off you seem to actually "feel" the runway! ED did magic with this kit!

Might be still worth investigating, though, because IF it's some general problem with your controllers or install, it might affect other planes to some extent as well.

I have the same issue aswell, 300 knots is a brick wall I can't get past. I have been flying mine on the Aerobatics Server in 1.5. I just got the module so I have only flown it 2 separate days now... so I figured I was screwing something or failed to turn something on after trying the autostart cheat to see if it was with my startup procedure.

Ex Alto Vincimus

• ED Team

We have tried release and our trunk versions - both showed ~750 kph at sea level ISA.

1014916309_6F7F142AEF88E6064660869BF062B365C606D86273CB1CFDD2pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.thumb.jpg.9c9e8a3228f57860512cceb3c49cba89.jpg

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Have you tried the other L-39 version and what's your fuel load in percent?

60% fuel. Very strange: I swapped the L-39C for the L-39ZA and I immediately had better speed 389 kts ???? I see that my AOA is slightly flatter.

Screen_171123_220147.thumb.jpg.6f62d66879764e3340c2e43f9c184a53.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are not flying level, but descending here.

Could be very slightly and very momentary here but in that same flight I flew this average speed all along , also on moments that I slightly climbed, in all cases the speed was around the same number. And thus really higher than with the L-39C.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]