DCS 2.1.1 - missions taking a lot of time to start...

Anatoli-Kagari9

Guys,

sorry for bringing this topic here, because I am sure I've seen it a few times before, but really never paid attention to it because I was not experiencing such delays, yet, yesterday after reinstalling DCS World 2 Open Alpha, after a cleanup of my win 10 system, I started the simulator, loaded the Spitfire default takeoff quick mission, and the progress bar stopped more or less 50% along the way, and was staying there for quite a while - minutes!

It eventually started, but I wanted to find out what was causing it.

I reminded something about MS VC++ 2017 runtime, so I checked and it wasn't listed in my programs list, so, I fetched and installed the 64 bit version and Voilà !!!! DCS started behaving as usual, with normal load times for all missions.

Just wanted to share this, because it may help other users who too :-)

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

The first time it also needs to compile shaders and it may take a few different missions to load before the most common ones have been compiled. That may have been what you saw. The game won't run at all without the runtime in place.

Ok, thx for the hint lemoen.

But I did check under "programs & features" and did not find MS VC++ 2017... Anyway I may well have skipped it in my search ...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...