Next big update for the map itself?

-IRRE-Rolluptito

Hello there!

I wonder when will be the next big update for the Normandy map? :)

When I see this -and it's an almost old video- I see that it doesn't look like what I have in game right now. Airfield textures seems really good here. :p

Or

xc21.jpg

And to compare this is how airfields look right nows:

Screen_170309_164257.jpg

I'd be glad to hear about the project and have some news. ;)

Rolluptito

Edited by -IRRE-Rolluptito
  • Like 1

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Maps: Syria, Nevada TTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, & The Channel.

Hardware: GeForce 1080TI, I7 7700K, 32GB RAM.

https://www.lesirreductibles.com -

Must say that I find it difficult to spot the airfields in VR even when flying fairly close proximity to them (<4-5km) because their color is so dark brown. But should the field look like a beach? That is again one step more to unrealistic look I think.

But one could think that WW2 airfields were for safety reasons made easy to spot, as you anyways will send fighters against enemy if they approach so it doesn't matter if they can see it as well, when they already know its location.

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Yes it does, in Normandy soil can be really dusty-whity. ;) In fact, that will be way better like on their last WIP. :)

Picauville_Airfield_-_A-8.jpg

aerodrome_normandie_psp-1.jpg

01_beuzeville_au_plain_1944_aerodrome-1.jpg

And for the airfields with SMT, they did put burlap under the metalic grids. Which is pretty much of a "sandy" color too.

smt_normandie-1.jpg

Edited by -IRRE-Rolluptito

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

I must agree with the OP. I have never really thought the current colour of airstrips was particulary good looking (or convincing), seeing the earlier examples just makes that feeling seem even more so!

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

I was JUST going to post this myself.

Many months ago now, they teased that the have included concrete airfields for appriate airfields, that the have improved the coastline and spread farms, windmills and bridges across the map. They hoped we would see it soon TM.

The airfields from that video mirrors the airfields shown in the Spitfire trailer from over a year ago. They are FAR better than what we have now (I think it is the same in the above vid, but that one seems to have the old shader, making it look not so good). The odd thing is that the map are recieving small "quiet" addons, like the new estuarys, some field textures etc without mention.

A written update with some screenshots would go a VERY long way here instead of sitting in the dark for months and months. I know that the default answer is "they will show when there is something to show", but surely they have something they can drip feed us a bit with regarding this map.

Could we see a new airfield or coastline for example? Will speedtrees be implemented or not?

Info and screenshots keeps the hype and interest fresh. Hope there will be some more info soon.

Agreed that Normandy is getting a lot of quiet attention. The coastline in 2.2 is pretty good with clear water through which the sea bed can be seen through several feet of water.

Even England is getting a little love. A few more towns and villages than previously.

I see quite a lot of stuff not seen before on Normandy, Ugra are obviously still hard at work on it and ED are slipping these improvements in under the radar.

Still have not found any concrete runways though. It would be nice to have the option to lay concrete runways and roads in mission editor.

Normandy is really in need for detailed airbases of the quality of NTTR where appropriate long standing bases existed.

A big improvement that does not seem to be mentioned is the very improved framerates over sizeable towns and cities.

I have seen the new stone water towers everywhere, but no new bridges, still the old steel spans.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

• 1 month later...

Hey!

Map workers, devs... We put money in your project because we do believe in your work. Can you give us some news? :)