Big Helicopters - Page 21 - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: big choppers yes or no
Yes 446 82.44%
No 95 17.56%
Voters: 541. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2017, 07:53 AM   #201
smallberries

I would love any heavy helicopter. I love my Mi-8, and realize I have a real fetish for big choppers. I lean towards either the Sea King or Chinook for the time periods and application, although there's nothing I don't love about the Super Stallion, either!

may I point out this bad boy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_CH-124_Sea_King
smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:29 AM   #202
TripRodriguez

I say yes, but what I really want is a Vietnam era AH-1 Cobra!

PS- Harrier is my most anticipated module and I LOVE how much Razbam is sharing etc. Great work guys!

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gYiSBwy0t0
TripRodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:00 PM   #203
Tirak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripRodriguez View Post
I say yes, but what I really want is a Vietnam era AH-1 Cobra!

PS- Harrier is my most anticipated module and I LOVE how much Razbam is sharing etc. Great work guys!
Why? Why would you want a technologically gimped AH-1G when you could have the far more flexible and enjoyable AH-1W?
Tirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:18 PM   #204
TripRodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirak View Post
Why? Why would you want a technologically gimped AH-1G when you could have the far more flexible and enjoyable AH-1W?
For the same reason I prefer WWII, Korea, and Vietnam aircraft simulations above all modern aircraft. I'm absolutely certain there are a lot of people flying DCS who prefer antique technology!

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't know exactly what equipment was added to the Cobra for AH-1W spec. Perhaps I would like it fine, but for me to be really happy it must have no auto hover, no SAS, and no guided weapons! If the AH-1W fits that description then I redact my statement.

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gYiSBwy0t0

Last edited by TripRodriguez; 05-21-2017 at 03:00 AM.
TripRodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:46 PM   #205
frodrigues2016

Send a message via Yahoo to frodrigues2016

Hi to all....i dont know if the UH-60 Blackhawk is considered "Heavy Heli" but it is one of my favourite.

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------
Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34
Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.
frodrigues2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:20 AM   #206
Robert31178

I'm with TripRod. Plus the g matches our current helicopter set (Huey, MI- for Vietnam type stuff. The Whiskey is a twin and a tech marvel like the Apache, too much whiz-bang stuff for me.
Robert31178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:32 PM   #207
Tirak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert31178 View Post
I'm with TripRod. Plus the g matches our current helicopter set (Huey, MI- for Vietnam type stuff. The Whiskey is a twin and a tech marvel like the Apache, too much whiz-bang stuff for me.
The G offers no new experience from the current Huey. It is just a slimmer version. The W which BST is working on offers a comparable experience to the KA-50 and provides a useful gunship platform on a greater variety of maps. If you absolutely hate Hellfires and APKWS, you can still run a mission where the loadout of the Whiskey is restricted to the same that a Vietnam era helicopter would have. The reverse cannot be said.
Tirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:25 AM   #208
Marsvinet

Now that somebody mentioned the Seaknight, it would fit well with all the naval planes Razbam are creating. Plus it could transformed into the swedish/japanese versions of it(or atleast have swedish splinter camo, love me some HKP4)
Marsvinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:30 PM   #209
Dehuman

Really hope for an updated model for the Ch-53E.

Having to park this

on this

really would be a shame
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ch53.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	162546  
Dehuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:37 PM   #210
Robert31178

The G offers a Cobra. I personally think the Apache is a superior weapons system and I would wish for one of those would show up.

That said, if a Cobra was to come along I'd buy it, no matter what version. I do think that if devs are going to keep cranking out old helicopters then give us an attack jobby that is concurrent with the Huey H. I think you are wrong on the capabilities, the G model gunship was more than just a skinny Huey, by quite a bit: it's faster and a hell of a lot more maneuverable, etc......if it was the same thing but slimmer the Army wouldn't have invested in it in the first place because that owuld be a supreme waste of money (not that the Guv is good with our tax dollars, but....) A Whiskey or Z would be neat, the G matches more with what is already here and coming next.

As far as what BST is working on, I have seen they have been helping with Hornet, there's the MI-24 coming, and nothing has been said in over two years for a Cobra. If I'm wrong I would LOVE to see it, because no matter what I would prefer to see the fact is that the American plane set SHOULD HAVE a proper attack helicopter to counter the KA-50 and the DCS Havoc, as well as compliment our aged transport Huey.

~Rob
Robert31178 is offline   Reply With Quote