why is the terrain package for DCS: Normandy 1944 not sold complete?

fitness88

That is a question I've had since they came out. It makes no sense as far as I can tell. Like buying a car but dealer making you buy tires separately WTF?

So you use WW2 planes and tanks in Vegas (along with my now useless in Vegas KA-50) that makes total sense now.

It's never failed to amaze me how a alpha project generates so much excitement (and income) we are still having to build our own sim in the end.

Nobody can be blamed for wanting to make a buck, but to continuously imply this is some sort of community project is marketing genius.

I suppose this could be my last post here, I'm liking it less and less.

Edited by aairon
  • Like 1

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHz

Video: EVGA GTX 1080

Ram: Patriot DDR4 2800 8GBx2

PWR:Corsair RM750i

• ED Team

You are not making a lot of sense to me, community project?

The asset pack can be purchased separately and can be used on any terrain, Normandy is not required.

The only thing that limits you is your own imagination, sure some purist's will only want to use them with Normandy, but why limit anyone's fun by enforcing it with one map? ED put the work in and should be paid for it, by doing it this way they have given users way more choice.

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
That is a question I've had since they came out. It makes no sense as far as I can tell. Like buying a car but dealer making you buy tires separately WTF?

So you use WW2 planes and tanks in Vegas (along with my now useless in Vegas KA-50) that makes total sense now.

It's never failed to amaze me how a alpha project generates so much excitement (and income) we are still having to build our own sim in the end.

Nobody can be blamed for wanting to make a buck, but to continuously imply this is some sort of community project is marketing genius.

I suppose this could be my last post here, I'm liking it less and less.

How many times has the A-10C went to combat in Russia, yet for many years people have enjoyed making "unrealistic" missions in DCS. It's the same idea. DCS is a sandbox, not a historically accurate simulation, making it historically accurate would be very limiting. Instead you have options.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Does that mean buying/installing the Assets Pack is not necessary in DCS: Normandy 1944, that it can be used with the assets it already comes installed with?

Just to make sure we understand each other well, the map itself doesn't come with any "installed assets", as it just that - only a terrain. But because of that, you can put any other DCS unit on it in the mission editor.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Just to make sure we understand each other well, the map itself doesn't come with any "installed assets", as it just that - only a terrain. But because of that, you can put any other DCS unit on it in the mission editor.

If I'm flying multi-player without the installed assets pack and the mission has the assets pack in that particular mission, will I only be seeing some sort of place holder instead of the actual asset?

If I'm flying multi-player without the installed assets pack and the mission has the assets pack in that particular mission, will I only be seeing some sort of place holder instead of the actual asset?

In that case you wouldn't be able to fly that particular mission.

Well I installed Normandy and I must say how nice the graphics are, I use Oculus Rift. A little bit of instability but not enough to take away form the enjoyment, I'll try to do some tweaking. I installed Nevada a couple of months ago and it was nice but now flying Normandy, what a difference!

Edited by fitness88