Snorkeling Sub (periscope)

Pikey

Edited for v1.1

-Collision shell (size of a Whiskey Sub, 74m x 6)

-Smoke reduced, wake tuned

-enemy AI will attack it

-Not sure on ships (speed boat didn't)

-Can now kill it! yay:)

- in certain conditions impossible to spot, other times quite easy depending on ambient light and sunlight direction.

-Updated the download attached, delete the previous

I make no apologies for this being ridiculous and shortlived, given the approach of real ocean as suggested in another thread. It took all of 45 minutes to create and it was personal to me for making recon naval missions, again looking at you, Viggen.

It's got no collision model, I wasn't going to test bombing on it as I dunno if bombs will penetrate the water to a collision shell below. It is mainly spray and smoke from a diesel sub snorkelling. With some tubes! I dunno why it's not been in game before, I presume the same reason, if you couldnt attack it, it wasn't worthwhile. But to me recon is a huge part of combat.

The wake and spray increase with speed. The smoke is a little heavy, as I said, its minimal effort and something to randomly hunt, for those that see the benefit of that. At speed its the smoke you see first, and at different heights, it can be given away. I'd recommend playing with it in low light.

Some imagination required from mission builders. Along with Mist's teleport in zone!

Happy hunting!

Capture.thumb.JPG.2cae436dee1c46c9a4920f6a2e856e02.JPG

Periscope.zip

Edited by Pikey

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

This is very very cool!

To be able to shoot and destroy subs would be a dream come true!

Even a explosion effect would work.

True sub hunting in the Gazelle!

Sub hunting in WW II!

I wonder if the upcoming Carrier module will include better ocean utilization?

Thank you, Great job!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Edited for v1.1

-Collision shell (size of a Whiskey Sub, 74m x 6)

-Smoke reduced, wake tuned

-enemy AI will attack it

-Not sure on ships (speed boat didn't)

-Can now kill it! yay:)

- in certain conditions impossible to spot, other times quite easy depending on ambient light and sunlight direction.

-Updated the download attached, delete the previous

I've had a surprising amount of enjoyment trying to find this little begger :)

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *