New Mig29 FM

Mizzy

Dudikoff,

You need to realize also one thing - SAS - Dampening. If you turn it OFF you will see that pushing stick forward will create full deflection.

Also note that in real plane prolonged neg. G or near 0G flight can result in engine damage as Oil distribution will be cut. (not simulated in DCS :( )

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is a 'real' FM or based on real characteristics of the jet, it's a rocket and it out turns anything else. Plus yank the stick back and it goes vertical from low speed. Can this jet really do all this ? Very impressive if it can !!

Mizzy

P.S. Love the new cockpit btw, been waiting forever to see the Mig 29 with a PFM !

Form now on my answer to all the FM thread is ;

Have you heard Wags interview in the Fighter pilot potcast? In it he talks about how close all the models where/are/will be and why they will never be 100% on purpose.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222192

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The link doesn't work, and it would be nice to get a time code.

just press play

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Form now on my answer to all the FM thread is ;

Have you heard Wags interview in the Fighter pilot potcast? In it he talks about how close all the models where/are/will be and why they will never be 100% on purpose.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222192

To be expected, of course FMs are classified, we can't have a PC simulation for commercial gain giving away military secrets can we !!

Mizzy

This might be a question for Yo-Yo:

Assume the following: Flying with either the Attitude Hold AP or Level Flight AP on.

When pressing (and holding) AP Override, and then making some adjustments to the course, and - once done - letting go of the AP Override button, the nose always dips down quite a bit before it goes back to the AP setting as mentioned above.

On the contrary, when disabling the AP, and then making changes to the course, and then turning the respective AP back on, there is no nose-dip.

Is that expected behavior between these two concepts? I much prefer to use AP Override, but the dipping nose seems odd to me.

Thanks.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

On the Leadin Edge Flaps topic, there is an error in the logic of it. It was perfect in previous versons, somhow ED looked over it in this new model (which is great Btw). LEF sohuld be extended with gears down, regardless of everything else. Screnshot is made today with current version.

Apart from this, it seems correct. Hysterezis is 7°AOA for deploy, 5° for retract.

LEF.JPG.540f267a0205218b28b6cccff207adc5.JPG

Screen_181018_140452.thumb.png.3ed471433df9a604eb2ab8195520be4f.png

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

From Yo-Yo - "YES, IT WORKS JUST THIS WAY, but as the plane has inertia it works like PWM"

Keybinding allows you to overide the limiter.

IRL the limiter can be directly overridden by the pilot pulling an additional 35Kg stick force, no separate switch required

My tracks haven’t been playing right past a certain point I need the over the hump campaign. Wondering if it’s the MiG-29 as I’ve heard certain planed throwing off replays but I didn’t fly it much before the PFM so I wouldn’t know if the update caused it or not

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I recorded these over the weekend and created the videos yesterday. So these are

Prior to today’s update. Be interesting to see what changes. I was interested in observing the behavior of the tailerons in different situations which proved to be very interesting. You can tell what’s going on, if you pay attention to the instrument panel.

The first flight was flown as much as possible with only the pitch trim button. The second was flown with neutral trim throughout. I realize these might only be of interest to me. But I figured I’d post them anyway.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.