Speaker System Question

This isn't directly related to DCS but I could use some advice on this as it will be something I use for DCS. About a year ago my friend bought a logitech X 540 surround sound speaker system (on craigslist) which has a set of speakers and a subwoofer. The subwoofer did not work at all and is broken, so he sold the whole thing to me for almost nothing. The speakers work fine, however I do want a subwoofer that works. I can't seem to find a replacement sub for this particular set anywhere (except for buying the entire set again, which I don't want to do), however I have found other subwoofers that are sold individually with almost the same amount of audio ports as I have speakers (which is five).

My question is this: Can I use the speakers from the old set on a different subwoofer (not from that same type of set) that has the roughly same amount of audio ports? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work as it's just audio jacks but I'm hoping to get advice from those wiser than me. Pics below

Original X 540 sub:

logitech_x540_08.jpg

Z 506, what I want to get as a replacement:

90386416A89EDC413F004C58812896FC.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The problem you would run into would be with the front right speaker on the 506. The volume control is in the speaker and it uses a serial connection not an rca connection. So the old speaker wont work for the front right. The amp wattage is a tiny bit higher on the 506 but I dont think enough to matter.

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb