Modders?

3instein

Firstly awesome work ED and to all the testers and others who have worked tirelessly to bring a great experience to this already great series,cheers.

I was just wondering how hard will it be for our great modders to "alter" some aspects of this?

I know of course it is still a beta and maybe best waiting till final release to see what if anything might be up for modding,I am sure they will be some to work on judging by everyone's different ways of implementation certain functions.

I am finding this a lot of fun and have so far had my ass handed to me on a platter a good few times and although I'm just scratching the surface I can already see a good many ways you can have hours of fun with this.

One item I would like to see is the disappearance of the kinda "cartoonish" hud with a smaller "tank" direction overlay and the azimuth degrees semi circle at the top of the screen gone,also it would be good if along the lines of the "binoc",view when firing the main gun we could switch to something similar with correct range settings maybe.

All in all I think what we have here is a brilliant first step into fighting the ground war incorporating air assets, excellent work guys give yourself a big pat on the back for trying something as complex as this.

Mick. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

regarding mods:

pls ED tell me if I can re-apply the high res terrain mod, as I used to have in my previous DCSW or would applying this mod somehow interfere with the new DSCW 1.2.0 or CA 1.2.0 ??

Edited by JABO2009

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

One item I would like to see is the disappearance of the kinda "cartoonish" hud with a smaller "tank" direction overlay and the azimuth degrees semi circle at the top of the screen gone

The place to look for these is in

\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\Cockpit\Resources

all the HUD graphics are stored in there.

some gameplay videos i saw looked really pity .. the most shocking were those flat sided hills, cliffs and mapped grass texture etc :(

For this very reason, I'm kind of surprised they didn't hold off CA until Nevada. I imagine that CA is intended to capture newcomers from other areas of the simming/gaming world, but I would think that a lot of those potential customers would be thrown off simply by the ground mesh. It just doesn't seem "current"; it has beautiful models and all, but due to the nature of CA, the age of the current theater is starting to really show.

Perhaps Nevada is nearer than we think??? Because i think CA will benefit endlessly from a new and improved theater...

PS. This was not meant as critic as we all know it's beta, but merely an observation:)

Edited by Inseckt

Help Beczl with his DCS MiG-21Bis project

by Pre-Ordering DCS MiG-21Bis module NOW!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PRE-ORDER PAGE AT INDIEGOGO

The place to look for these is in

\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\Cockpit\Resources

all the HUD graphics are stored in there.

Cheers Mustang,I saw these but can't see any images it just opens a blank picture?

Even If I did see them I would have no idea what to do then. :smilewink:

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

• ED Team

Hi guys!

If You're interested in modding I'm giving You my small corrections for CA aiming sights.

attachment.php?attachmentid=68059&stc=1&d=1342113546

Texture files attached.

Install to "...\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\Cockpit\Resources"

Edited by Laivynas

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

"not sufficient privileges to access this page" :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

regarding mods:

pls ED tell me if I can re-apply the high res terrain mod, as I used to have in my previous DCSW or would applying this mod somehow interfere with the new DSCW 1.2.0 or CA 1.2.0 ??

again pls can somebody tell me if the the existing high res mod can be applied for DCSW with CA installed? dont wanna **** it up, everything works fine now, but I want high res textured ground...

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

again pls can somebody tell me if the the existing high res mod can be applied for DCSW with CA installed? dont wanna **** it up, everything works fine now, but I want high res textured ground...

DCS World 1.2.0 by default already has a high resolution terrain noise texture, so no need to use any mods now.

Hi guys!

If You're interested in modding I'm giving You my small corrections for CA aiming sights.

attachment.php?attachmentid=68059&stc=1&d=1342113546

Texture files attached.

Install to "...\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\Cockpit\Resources"

Quick work bud,I will give it a try,cheers,now if only we could make the tank overlay a little smaller,hint hint,cough,cough.

Thanks guys.

Mick. :thumbup: