What does this mean?

bmbpdk

Excellent find bmbpdk! Thanks! And great thread, I was wondering who was wearing bras in a combat theatre.

:lol:

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

• 1 month later...

Fox 1, 2 or 3 are the NATO code names to indicate to other operators that an air to air missile has been fired.

Fox One - Indicates launch of a semi-active radar guided missile (such as the AIM-7 Sparrow)

Fox Two - Indicates launch of an infrared-guided missile (such as the AIM-9 Sidewinder)

Fox Three - Indicates launch of an active radar guided missile (such as the AIM-120 AMRAAM)

Fox Four/Guns - Indicates air-to-air or air-to-surface cannon fire.

Hope this helps

Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2393 MHz, 3327MB,

GeForce 8800 GT,Cougar HOTAS, Simped rudder pedals, Track IR 3 with vector

List of Brevity codes

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=821543#post821543

<clears throat> Brevity?

Brevity!

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

No, but it MIGHT know if the missile is coming at you or doing something else. It depends on what these systems are capable of measuring, how they do it, and how certain their 'predictions' can be.

I meant the IR missile launch detectors. It possibly can't know if it's a friendly missile launch or enemy by the launch plume alone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Not quite correct. Classified functions aside, the warning system for most RWR's is simple: You get a missile launch warning the moment an emmitter meets two parameters: STT track and 'Lethal Range' for the given type of signal. For the most part, at least AFAIK, only rather old systems show a change in waveform that would indicate guidance, and most of those belong to SAMs. Furthermore since guidance waveforms could change on the fly due to ECCM or other reasons, they might not even be a reliable way of detecting a launch to begin with.

Otherwise radar warnings will be only that you are painted with a radar or are locked by one. Each works by looking at the strength and wave form then comparing them to forms that conform to know configurations of search, lock, or launch. If the characteristics of the radar wave form are not cataloged in the warning system then you get the square root of squat all for warning.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Another one: What does the "end of vul" that the pilot says means, when you ask for check-out from a JTAC?

AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8@3360 MHz | MB Asus M4A78-EM | 4GB DDR2-800 Kingston | XFX HD 5770 @850-900/1200-1300 | 500G Samsung HD502HI | Case CM 335 | CM-EPP 460W | Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) | Saitek X65F | Freetrack(Wii Remote) | LG 23' W2353V

• 7 years later...
Anybody know why the US pilots use this coded language?

There doesnt seem to be an equivalent language for russian pilots.

for example us pilots say "fox 1, 2 or 3" when lauching a missile.

russian pilots simply say " launching rocket"

The American version is more descriptive. It says more than I just launched a rocket. We're picky about details. :)

Buzz

Hi my friends What is TOP COVER ???

THANKS

That should be in reference to the Combat Air Patrol (CAP) - could also be a High-CAP (higher altitude). CAP is used to take enemy air and provide a safety margin for the mud-movers. Once all enemy fighters are destroyed and are in-check it is considered Air Supremacy- F-15C’s and F-22A’s hold that primary role.:thumbup:

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

That should be in reference to the Combat Air Patrol (CAP) - could also be a High-CAP (higher altitude). CAP is used to take enemy air and provide a safety margin for the mud-movers. Once all enemy fighters are destroyed and are in-check it is considered Air Supremacy- F-15C’s and F-22A’s hold that primary role.:thumbup:

Thanks and sorry for my english ---- I think it must be some thing like body gaurd for VIP who fly whit civil air plane for example VIP person fly with C-130 and wants go to other base and for example one or 2 ---- F-14 or F-4 fly with him and take care ( In IRAN I read in memorabilia of a few pilots in war )