What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to? - Page 28 - ED Forums
 


Notices

View Poll Results: What NEW feature of the Hornet are you MOST looking forward to?
Joint Helmet Mounted Cuing System (JHMCS) 166 9.61%
ATFLIR Targeting Pod 386 22.34%
HARM 391 22.63%
Guided Bombs 105 6.08%
Automatic Carrier Landing System (ACLS) 22 1.27%
Air to Surface Radar 258 14.93%
Data Link (MIDS / Link-16 / IFF) 123 7.12%
A/A Radar TWS/RAID/AZ EL/LTWS 208 12.04%
Harpoon 31 1.79%
SLAM / SLAM-ER 38 2.20%
Voters: 1728. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2018, 10:03 AM   #271
StandingCow
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzU View Post
I'm looking forward to the day when Wags says..........the F/A-18C is done.

I am sure the entire ED team would agree with that.
__________________
i7 6700k - 32 GB RAM - 1080TI

~Moo
StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:34 PM   #272
broncoblair
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: LA,CA
Posts: 4
Default

HARM is cool, but you're in an F18 not an A10.. You can outrun most SAM's... The FLIR i think is super important for bombing accurately. Put the pedal to the metal and pull a few G's and get out of HARMS way if you're getting shot at.
broncoblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:55 PM   #273
Revelation
Senior Member
 
Revelation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 1,833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoblair View Post
HARM is cool, but you're in an F18 not an A10.. You can outrun most SAM's... The FLIR i think is super important for bombing accurately. Put the pedal to the metal and pull a few G's and get out of HARMS way if you're getting shot at.
There are plenty of SAMs that will shoot you down before you can use your ATFLIR targeting pod to engage a ground target. If mission designers built missions correctly, you would never make it to a target without SEAD/DEAD support.
__________________
Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 27" Asus ROG 1440p | i7-6700k @4.54GHz | ASROCK Extreme7+ | 32Gb @3GHz DDR4 | 512Gb SM951 M.2 SSD | GTX 1080Ti | H100i AIO CPU Cooler
Revelation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:33 PM   #274
CheckGear
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
If mission designers built missions correctly, you would never make it to a target without SEAD/DEAD support.

I like that because it's total realism. In today's threat environment, nobody's flying without SEAD/DEAD support. It's no longer an option.
CheckGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:37 PM   #275
RightStuff
Member
 
RightStuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoblair View Post
HARM is cool, but you're in an F18 not an A10.. You can outrun most SAM's...
Don't be so selfish - think global!

Your buddies in A-10 will gladly appreciate if you cleanup their way.
RightStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:46 PM   #276
David OC
Senior Member
 
David OC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
There are plenty of SAMs that will shoot you down before you can use your ATFLIR targeting pod to engage a ground target. If mission designers built missions correctly, you would never make it to a target without SEAD/DEAD support.
And if it was a known target. Perhas this might give you a little help also with a few tomahawks.
__________________


i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero MB
| ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3466Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | 2 X Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | Fractal Design R5 Case

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides
to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link


David OC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:30 PM   #277
Cik
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 363
Default

there are plenty of theaters where you don't need SEAD support


but it would be nice to have a real sead platform, granted we will soon have other problems like the SAMs being too rollable with basic "enter wez, release weapon" tactics.
Cik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:35 AM   #278
Habu_69
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA VA
Posts: 496
Default

Personally, I would LOVE to have a data cartridge. Setting up pit avionics before every mission is a major PITA!
Habu_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:37 PM   #279
Eldur
Member
 
Eldur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: On a fluffy cloud above Ponyville
Posts: 965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habu_69 View Post
Setting up pit avionics before every mission is a major PITA!
Having to set many things (CM programs, radar, soft radar warning alt) up after takeoff is even more so.
__________________
Eldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:19 PM   #280
blkspade
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cik View Post
there are plenty of theaters where you don't need SEAD support


but it would be nice to have a real sead platform, granted we will soon have other problems like the SAMs being too rollable with basic "enter wez, release weapon" tactics.
And yet the two main maps available represent theaters where you would absolutely need SEAD.
__________________
http://104thphoenix.com/
blkspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
poll, wishlist

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:22 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.