What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?

Wags

What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?  

1875 members have voted

1. 1. What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?

• Joint Helmet Mounted Cuing System (JHMCS)
    • ATFLIR Targeting Pod
    • HARM
    • Guided Bombs
    • Automatic Carrier Landing System (ACLS)
    • Air to Surface Radar
    • Data Link (MIDS / Link-16 / IFF)
    • A/A Radar TWS/RAID/AZ EL/LTWS
    • Harpoon
    • SLAM / SLAM-ER

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's LTWS not LWTS, Wags (in mini update thread), also this is TOOOP priority for all of us multiplayer freaks! Please make this higher priority than FPAS/ATFLIR!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

It's LTWS not LWTS, Wags (in mini update thread), also this is TOOOP priority for all of us multiplayer freaks! Please make this higher priority than FPAS/ATFLIR!
Speak for yourself Daniel. I am exclusively playing mp and I couldn't care less about the radar. Keep it cooking until there is a proper whole system.

Edit: until then: beefed up f5 all the way

Edited by SacredRaziel

I think currently ATFLIR should be a top priority for the Hornet right now, as finding targets from a stand-off range is just as important as being able to engage from that stand off range. HARMs would be second just to give BLUFOR an actual SEAD aircraft.

Besides that, I think either Mavericks or LGBs would be the next best additions, with Mavericks taking lead just because of the stand-off capability

Speak for yourself Daniel. I am exclusively playing mp and I couldn't care less about the radar. Keep it cooking until there is a proper whole system.

Edit: until then: beefed up f5 all the way

Of course, you can fly it like an F-5, but most people don't, meaning that all the RWRs were ringing constantly for the last months, and clueless hornets were flying around with no SA, causing lots of friendly fire incidents.

Looking back at this, I would say, it would have been a much better decision to either label the radar INOP until it is done, or include the old model (FC-3) until the new radar is more or less stable... (not now ofc but back at initial release)

If there would be LTWS and some IFF related symbology present, so that I don't have to lock to identify, the Hornet would stop being frustrating instantly!

Of course, you can fly it like an F-5, but most people don't, meaning that all the RWRs were ringing constantly for the last months, and clueless hornets were flying around with no SA, causing lots of friendly fire incidents.

Looking back at this, I would say, it would have been a much better decision to either label the radar INOP until it is done, or include the old model (FC-3) until the new radar is more or less stable... (not now ofc but back at initial release)

If there would be LTWS and some IFF related symbology present, so that I don't have to lock to identify, the Hornet would stop being frustrating instantly!

The very core of my statement was just that I, as part of the mp community, don't want to be used by Daniel to push his agenda. I am sure he is not alone but he does not speak for all of us. In fact he is speaking solely for himself. Just a quick reminder.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Very hard to create a radar like the hornets right from the start. We bought early access and this is what we get.

I hope a time comes in the future where all radars in DCS are based on the hornets raycaster system.

HARM is cool, but you're in an F18 not an A10.. You can outrun most SAM's... The FLIR i think is super important for bombing accurately. Put the pedal to the metal and pull a few G's and get out of HARMS way if you're getting shot at.

There are plenty of SAMs that will shoot you down before you can use your ATFLIR targeting pod to engage a ground target. If mission designers built missions correctly, you would never make it to a target without SEAD/DEAD support.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

There are plenty of SAMs that will shoot you down before you can use your ATFLIR targeting pod to engage a ground target. If mission designers built missions correctly, you would never make it to a target without SEAD/DEAD support.

And if it was a known target. Perhas this might give you a little help also with a few tomahawks. :)

DCS-Arleigh-Burke-class-01.jpg

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

there are plenty of theaters where you don't need SEAD support

but it would be nice to have a real sead platform, granted we will soon have other problems like the SAMs being too rollable with basic "enter wez, release weapon" tactics.

there are plenty of theaters where you don't need SEAD support

but it would be nice to have a real sead platform, granted we will soon have other problems like the SAMs being too rollable with basic "enter wez, release weapon" tactics.

And yet the two main maps available represent theaters where you would absolutely need SEAD.

A/G Radar with A/G guided weapons. This is a dream..

If A/G Radar takes still a lot of time to be introduced I suggest the A/G weapons and sensors that are just developed by ED such in modules like A-10 and even in other modules.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139168989452694/about/

ASUS ROG - TM Hotas Warthog - TM Hotas Cougar - TM F-18 Grip - Oculus Rift S - Track IR 5

I dont know it its even a thought, but I would love some sort of an option to do an assisted in flight refueling. I am having alot of frustrating times, trying to get good at it. Id love to option to just get in the pre hook up position, then have some sort of autopilot option to fly it in and hold it.

Of the choices listed, Id say gotta be the "Harpoon"