C-101 Navigation Mission using Dynamic Weather

Rudel_chw

Hello,

I've been toying with the dynamic weather feature of DCS ... most missions do fine using static weather, as they usually are limited to a small zone of the Map ... but I believe that for Missions intended to practice and perfect your navigation skills, longer flight distances are required, and in that case having the exact same weather all over the Map is not realistic.

So, I want to share a Navigation mission that I edited for the C-101, set in Caucasus and with dynamic weather. Thus you can start the mission with nice weather:

Jz8QuiQ.jpg

and as you follow along, the weather may deteriorate into a snow storm:

UDW19g2.jpg

and after more distance, the clouds may be denser:

LtF3TnS.jpg

I know that DCS gets criticized by its clouds ... but lately they seem to be getting much nicer:

LA7bwKg.jpg

We are lucky and the weather gets clear near our destination:

ytqoRBh.jpg

I use the "results" value of the mission's briefing, to give a score (0-100 points) to each flight, as an encouragement to navigate carefully :)

If you want to try the mission, you can download it here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301727/

For some reason, the current version of the C-101EB doesnt include Chile's liveries (tough it has liveries for Chile on the CC version), so I'm including the Liveries on the same zip file as the mission.

On long flights, the HSI will drift and loose precision, so you will probably need to use the Tarsyn panel to re-sync mid flight:

G3L1gfe.jpg

Hope you enjoy the mission, and feel free to comment and/or criticize it :)

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

We decided to use Chilean liveries in the CC version only for realism reasons.

Hello. Yes, I agree that these liveries are actually for the combat version ... unfortunately, my abilities with Photoshop are not good enough to create my own liveries

.. any chance that Aviodev could add at least one livery for the EB (trainer) version? This one was used for many years and seems fairly simple to do:

File_20111121122817.jpg

This was green overall, very light blue undersides. The aircraft with the white band was for acting as "agressor" during training.

Congrats on the mission, didn't fly it but sounds nice.

Thank you for your kind words :)

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Without more pictures would be hard to do it in a more or less realistic way, but I'll comment it to my college. Any chance for more detailed pictures?

Thanks a lot for the positive response ... I will gather better photos among my friends and get back to you :)