L-39ZA Gs-23L Cannon - What am I doing wrong?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to fire the Gs-23 cannon but I can't seem to do it for some reason, even when within firing parameters. I was just wondering if the method I'm using is wrong or not:

PROCEDURE – GS-23L CANNON

1 - Set MASTER ARM (ARMS) switch ON (UP) on electrical CB panel

2 - Set CANNON GS switch ON (FWD) on missile panel

3 - Set ASP-FPK switch ON (UP) to turn on gunsight on armament panel

4 - Set LAUNCH switch ON (UP) on armament panel

5 - Press the “EXPLOSIVE CHARGE GS” button on front dash to reload the gun

6 - Flip up Weapons Safety Cover switch on stick (“Weapon Fire Button Safety” control)

7 - Fire Gun (“Weapon Fire Button” control) when within firing parameters

Firing the gun is possible in the following conditions:

• The front landing gear is retracted
  • Speed is no less than 400 km/h
  • The angle of attack does not exceed 6 degrees
  • The positive G is no more than 6
  • The negative G is no more than -2.

No matter what I do, I still can't fire the darn guns.

What am I forgetting?

Edited by Charly_Owl

I finally found my mistake:

On step 6: It should be flip the cover switch DOWN, not UP

Incorrect: 6 - Flip up Weapons Safety Cover switch on stick (“Weapon Fire Button Safety” control)

Correct: 6 - Flip DOWN Weapons Safety Cover switch on stick (“Weapon Fire Button Safety” control)

I finally found my mistake:

On step 6: It should be flip the cover switch DOWN, not UP

Incorrect: 6 - Flip up Weapons Safety Cover switch on stick (“Weapon Fire Button Safety” control)

Correct: 6 - Flip DOWN Weapons Safety Cover switch on stick (“Weapon Fire Button Safety” control)

I read that in your first post and just thought it was a typo or something. I remember thinking, "surely he means flip the switch 'down', right"

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

• 4 years later...

I've come to this campaign late it seems, given the age of some of the posts here, but I was also stuck on Mission 6 once I got onto the range. I simply could not get the guns to fire, having gone through the arming and priming sequence en route to the target area.

It turns out that you can't prime the gun with the explosive charge until the guy in the back makes the weapons 'live'. This really foxed me. I kept checking and re-checking switches and hitting the pyro button, but no joy.

You only have to prime the guns once, on the first attacking pass, and then for the rest of the mission they're ready to fire as soon as the instructor makes them live during each pass.

Hope this hint helps.