Flaming Cliffs 3

Vecko

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good but it will not sell if its just the same aircraft network compatible with DCS A-10C, such a patch should be free. If they make an FC3 then it must have something more worthwhile in order to sell my advice is an addon aircraft to add to FC2s aircraft. Evolve the sim like iL2, expand the addons and also release an SDK. After DCS-10C perhaps they should focus on a western fighter for DCS even if its just an F-16 at least keep the ball rolling with something good. :thumbup:

A better dircection might be:

1/ F-16 DCS addon or F/A-18

2/ SDK

3/ Mig29K/Mig29C

4/ Global Map

I don't understand why they state it takes 3 years to make an advanced flight model for an addon considering the existing aircraft A-10C/KA50 and SU25T would give them a template to build future FMs?

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Global map? Some tried and failed.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I don't like them mixing the arcade stuff with DCS :cry:

Players and Server admins will be to blame for that scenario and not ED ;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Sounds good but it will not sell if its just the same aircraft network compatible with DCS A-10C, such a patch should be free. If they make an FC3 then it must have something more worthwhile in order to sell my advice is an addon aircraft to add to FC2s aircraft. Evolve the sim like iL2, expand the addons and also release an SDK. After DCS-10C perhaps they should focus on a western fighter for DCS even if its just an F-16 at least keep the ball rolling with something good. :thumbup:

A better dircection might be:

1/ F-16 DCS addon or F/A-18

2/ SDK

3/ Mig29K/Mig29C

4/ Global Map

I don't understand why they state it takes 3 years to make an advanced flight model for an addon considering the existing aircraft A-10C/KA50 and SU25T would give them a template to build future FMs?

All it would take IMO, to take the title where it should be in its 3rd iteration, would be some sort of SDK/tools further than we have. Even an old version of CMD tools and/or SFM modifying tools, with no support, would be a game changer.

No templates, IIRC the mathematical models are researched and built from first principles for the aircraft individually. Anyway the stated time was 2 people for 1 year for 1 model.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

Yes, i understand what you trying to say, i used to talk like that also... Try to understand that they are not mixing arcade with DCS...They only give us opportunity to do that...;)

It is all up to server owners and mission designers...

Edited by Vecko

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Aerial Operations

Don't play on a server that has seats for both types of planeds then. ;)

Although you shouldn't be overly scared about the "arcade stuff" in Flaming Cliffs. Sure, you don't have to spend all that time aligning during startup and there's fewer steps involved in using sensors and weapons - but this also has the effect that the arcade plane is less capable than it would be if it was modeled to DCS fidelity. A DCS:F-15C would be a LOT more dangerous than the FC2 F-15C.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

No templates, IIRC the mathematical models are researched and built from first principles for the aircraft individually. Anyway the stated time was 2 people for 1 year for 1 model.

Nate

What ISN'T recognized is that a lot of us are willing to do that year's work for little or no return. :D

hm... thought about this one a bit and I think unless they give all flyable aircraft AFM and bring avionics to higher standard and more accurate to real life it won't be such a good move... I guess if FC3 would cost less then FC2 then it might not be a bad move as then you'd at least get graphics upgrades, but even then there won't be any benefit of in-cockpit shadows as FC1/FC2 aircraft are not 3D cockpits... so the only benefits would be extrernal world graphics updates... I don't know if that would sell good if it would cost again $50-60... don't get me wrong, I wil surely get it but I doubt the majority would.

Right now FC2 seems so arcade for me as I've tasted DCS Ka-50 and A-10C and I'd really like a DCS quality fighter or strike/fighter aircraft instead.

No longer active in DCS...

Plus with the ability to now keep the HUD/MFD's in user-made .LOM pits, people could remake all the default cockpits in full 3D like One-Pride has with the Su-25 pit. ;)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I would pay for Nevada terrain. I would pay for the next DCS aircraft. I would pay for FC3.

The only issue is people might not. If you start dividing the community, then less and less people keep playing with each other, and eventually it will die. This move could be potentially as harmful to ED as it is to some people who don't want to play on integrated severs.

That is unless of course ED decides to give us something worth the money that would tip the non-buyers into buyers.

FC2 brought graphics and better avionics/missiles. If FC3 brings graphics + something else, maybe AFM's for all of the aircraft? It might be enough to herd people into buying it.

Though I am sure ED has thought of all of that already. That being said, I am happy as I get the better graphics + updated models for my eagle and all of its weapons.

Also, it may sound a bit weird, Nevada is being done in Minsk? Isn't that sort of.. you know.. ~half way around the world?

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Also, it may sound a bit weird, Nevada is being done in Minsk? Isn't that sort of.. you know.. ~half way around the world?

ED has two offices: Moscow and Minsk. Time difference between the two are 1 hour.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

STFU.

No. Call it the way I see it, what you think of that is your own affair.

Difference is, you broke a forum rule, I did not. :thumbup:

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Warning, please don't make the mods spend to much time monitoring this thread per post - we're issuing warnings if we have to do cleanups.

So, before you start calling eachother names - please end it.

Please, back to topic, using relevant arguments for the topic.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning