detalied CVs/LHAs: Module or free for all? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-06-2018, 11:50 AM   #1
twistking

Default detalied CVs/LHAs: Module or free for all?

Hello,
just wanted to ask, if there were any news, on how the new highly detailed aircraft carriers and LHAs will be handled.
There has been plans for detailed carriers as seperate module, but there has not been any news on that for ages; also it's very unclear how that would work out with all the third party ships.

I sincerely hope, that all the support assets and functionality will be free for everyone and can get funded through the aircraft modules - mostly because otherwise it would make multiplayer more complicated.
I don't want to start a discussion about that though.

So, has there been any official word on it in the last months?

thx
Old 08-06-2018, 07:45 PM   #2
mwd2

The LHA-1 is free, isn't it?

GSPB Squadron "Serious Ugly"

Ghost0815

mwd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:47 PM   #3
zhukov032186

@mwd2
Yeah, they were originally keeping it with the Harrier, but I believe they recently decided to make the hidef version available as part of the base asset pack of the game.

@twistking
They were talking about the Nimitz and Kuznetsov. The Nimitz is already done (mostly?) and in-game as part of the base asset pack. You did not pay for it, obviously. Kuznetsov is still AWOL. That's all there is to it.
I do solemnly swear to strafe every pilot I shoot down, destructible or not, circumstances permitting, because reasonz. Opponents are advised to assume the position upon landing, or preferably, while still in the air.
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:08 AM   #4
USMC_Trev

The CV and LHA are quite highly detailed.

i7 4770K OC'ed to 4.3, GTX 1070 Seahawk (OC'ed), Oculus Rift CV1, 32Gb RAM, 64-bit Windows 10
USMC_Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:36 PM   #5
twistking

thanks for the answers.

so for me it seems, as if the plans for a paid module are off the table, wouldn't you agree?
(the only possibility i see, is that ED would sell a module, that offers more functionality (human atc, air boss, "combined arms" type gameplay to all the CVs and LHAs, but this seems a bit out of scope atm)
Old 08-07-2018, 05:03 PM   #6
defeatist99

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhukov032186 View Post
@mwd2
Yeah, they were originally keeping it with the Harrier, but I believe they recently decided to make the hidef version available as part of the base asset pack of the game.

@twistking
They were talking about the Nimitz and Kuznetsov. The Nimitz is already done (mostly?) and in-game as part of the base asset pack. You did not pay for it, obviously. Kuznetsov is still AWOL. That's all there is to it.
It's the same for the Stennis and the Tarawa. Both will be free to DCS without the need for the harrier or hornet.
defeatist99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:34 PM   #7
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

I believe there was a post in the Russian forums that the paid carrier module was either postponed indefinitely or completely cancelled but I'll never be able to find it. Pretty sure it was from Chizh.
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:55 PM   #8
Shadow KT

Quote:
Originally Posted by feefifofum View Post
I believe there was a post in the Russian forums that the paid carrier module was either postponed indefinitely or completely cancelled but I'll never be able to find it. Pretty sure it was from Chizh.
There was a post by chiz on the russian forum about the Kuznetsov and it being delayed for an unknown period of time. If you search the unofficial news thread you will find the post

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days
Shadow KT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:10 AM   #9
mwd2

Here is the post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...ostcount=14092

GSPB Squadron "Serious Ugly"

Ghost0815

mwd2 is offline   Reply With Quote