[REPORTED] TACAN Not Working after an hour or so in Multiplayer

deadlyfishes

TACAN seems to stop working in multiplayer after an hour or two into the mission.

Our server seems to have this problem every restart cycle about 1-2 hours in.

We usually have anywhere from 25-40 players at any given time.

15X is the channel the Stennis is on and it works just fine during the first hour or two, then it goes all crazy.

Here's a video example of this about 3 hours into the mission:

Edited by deadlyfishes

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Can confirm this bug, at least for the stennis, didn't try other tacan stations.

It's tied to the server time, after two hours (in our case) the stennis's tacan station wasn't working anymore.

(Please don't look at my awfull landing)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yZEM0jityz3qKqDtz1nMACjuP1_VRpsy/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else seeing this?

We are currently experiencing this in our Multiplayer server after the mission has been running for awhile. We have the TACAN set to 40X, so I don't think it is related to the default 1X.

We end up having to have to do a reset on the mission every few hours once the TACAN magically stops working.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

I can confirm this. We have noticed the same issue on the DCS Finland server (k01). Stennis Tacan is 74X and after a few hours the Tacan does not work anymore.

System:

Windows 10 | i7-7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | 32GB of RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080, 3440x1440 | DELL Ultrawide U3415W | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 and 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | TM Warthog Hotas | SLAW F-16 Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive PRO VR

+ High fidelity F/A-18C simpit :)

I can confirm this. We have noticed the same issue on the DCS Finland server (k01). Stennis Tacan is 74X and after a few hours the Tacan does not work anymore.

Anyone else seeing this?

We are currently experiencing this in our Multiplayer server after the mission has been running for awhile. We have the TACAN set to 40X, so I don't think it is related to the default 1X.

We end up having to have to do a reset on the mission every few hours once the TACAN magically stops working.

I've got this too. It doesn't like tacan that isn't 1X for some reason.

Can confirm this bug, at least for the stennis, didn't try other tacan stations.

It's tied to the server time, after two hours (in our case) the stennis's tacan station wasn't working anymore.

(Please don't look at my awfull landing)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yZEM0jityz3qKqDtz1nMACjuP1_VRpsy/view?usp=sharing

Hey folks, here's a great workaround:

Instead of one REALLY long waypoint, add a lot of waypoints, each with the action "ACTIVATE TACAN"

Seems the beacon is only activated for so long, so having them re-activated at each waypoint will do the trick.

4e6688557930f4718e046e6119da07ae.png

Additionally, MOOSE has a great method of adding your own TACANS to any air unit:

(Assuming you've got MOOSE framework loaded up)

JAS_Stennis = UNIT:FindByName("JAS_Stennis");

local JAS_StennisBeacon = JAS_Stennis:GetBeacon();

local tacanScheduler = SCHEDULER:New( nil, 
function()

JAS_StennisBeacon:AATACAN(15, "BSN", true);

end, {}, 30, 300
)

Basically; a HELICOPTER (AI, start on ramp, UNCONTROLLED, UNIT NAME:"JAS_Stennis" ) that sits on a ship really close to the carrier is carrying this tacan beacon.

This will start after 30 seconds mission start and repeat every 5 minutes (300 sec)

The TACAN is 15Y in AA mode. Seems it is a limitation of the framework to only be in Y AA band for now. This has been our server's workaround to keep a TACAN alive for more than a few hours.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World