Logbook Not recording flights?

pauldy

Is it me or the Logbook does not record any of my flights at all..

I mainly fly the DCS - F-15C in DCS World 1.2.8 version..

I have been flying the single missions I created in the Mission Editor and so far.. the flights don't register at all zero hours.. and kills

Is this a bug or am i missing something?

Edited by pauldy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

....aww.. Hope it gets fixed soon :-(

So how do you people "log" your flight hours now?

Logbook for me is the soul of flying sim games.. I find it pointless when you can't log all the flights you did, all the landings, kills etc..

Edited by pauldy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

....aww.. Hope it gets fixed soon :-(

So how do you people "log" your flight hours now?

Logbook for me is the soul of flying sim games.. I find it pointless when you can't log all the flights you did, all the landings, kills etc..

mosley1.jpg

I just got an air medal too but still zero hours flight time.. LEL

I guess I'll just treat my DCS sessions as Familiarization Flights for now since some many things have changed.

I still can't nail my landings but then I guess it's good as long as I don't break the gears and crash land.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It records my "Overall" hours but it only lists about 250 or so, and not with the individual aircraft... I'm pretty sure I have more flight time than that

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Rezing this again..

After browsing some threads here.. it seems that the DCS World Logbook had a history of bugs, particularly in the issue of logging flights.

So I'll do what I did in my Jane's F/A-18 TsH Days.. Jane's F/A-18 also had issues with logbook entries.. wherein the flying hours gets rolled back.. iirc..

Hence, I'll just have to make a Word Document Logbook and record my flight hours & other stats MANUALLY..

Seems the only record I can check from the game are saved debriefing files like the one below:

debriefing = {

["callsign"] = "Aviaotaku",

["events"] = {

[1] = {

["t"] = 57840,

["type"] = "mission start",

},

[2] = {

["t"] = 57840,

["type"] = "took control",

},

[3] = {

["initiator"] = "Pilot #001",

["initiatorMissionID"] = "1",

["initiatorPilotName"] = "Aviaotaku",

["place"] = "Anapa-Vityazevo",

["t"] = 57927.54,

["type"] = "takeoff",

},

[4] = {

["t"] = 58315.506,

["type"] = "mission end",

},

},

["result"] = 0,

}

Anyone here who can interpret the data? Thanks~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Believe the time values are in seconds, so (58315.506 - 57927.54 = 387.966) / 60 = 6.4661 minutes.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

debriefing = {

["callsign"] = "Aviaotaku",

["events"] = {

[1] = {

["t"] = 57600,

["type"] = "mission start",

},

[2] = {

["t"] = 57600,

["type"] = "took control",

},

[3] = {

["initiator"] = "Pilot #001",

["initiatorMissionID"] = "1",

["initiatorPilotName"] = "Aviaotaku",

["place"] = "Anapa-Vityazevo",

["t"] = 57663.4,

["type"] = "takeoff",

},

[4] = {

["t"] = 58052.7,

["type"] = "mission end",

},

},

["result"] = 0,

}

-txmtb: I tried your formula so (58052.7 - 57663.4 = 389.3) / 60 = 6.49 minutes..

I timed this once since I started the flight at around 16:00 hours.. and ended it at around 16:08.. It should've been around 8 minutes worth of flight time... unless what registers in the "Mission End" is the moment I touch down on the runway.. but anyway, thanks for the info^

..I wish ED would do a final fix for the logbook... fixing the feature without breaking it again or so..

I'm quite unmotivated to play this sim right now without the Logbook.. or at least playing it seriously.. ^_^;

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure if the mission end is when you exit or when the wheels touch.

Another option is since the total times in the logbook do work, you could always check it before and after the flight for what it records.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

In my case.. there's no records in the logbook feauture at all.. not even the total hours..

Is there some sort of logbook file that I can check and/or edit?

Hmmm, I thought it just wasn't recording individual aircraft times. Mine keeps the total times updated at least.

Logbook is in C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\logbook.lua

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

The Logbook was never intended to work in MP. Maybe one day, for now it is just SP

+if you restart the mission you are doing without exiting, you cannot stack progress

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Shadow is corrct. Restarting a mission resets the times and scores for that flight (for obvious reasons), and it does not record MP flight at all.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I very much doubt that the logbook issue will be fixed for 1.5.xx as that version is now obsolete. ED have made it quite clear that anything prior to 2.5 will no longer receive bug fixes. There's no real reason to still use the old version as the new one is a much more efficient user of hardware.

All that being said, to echo Shadow the logbook only ever records anything done in SP missions. It does not record anything related to MP.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

DarkFire: the necropost is about the v2.5.

From the DCS User Manual:

"For the pilot to log flight statistics and awards, it MUST be assigned as the Player aircraft in the mission!

Note: All created pilots must be assigned a country. When creating a player mission, the country of the player flight must match the country of the pilot you wish to use! Otherwise, mission statistics will not be recorded in the logbook."

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

DarkFire: the necropost is about the v2.5.

From the DCS User Manual:

"For the pilot to log flight statistics and awards, it MUST be assigned as the Player aircraft in the mission!

Note: All created pilots must be assigned a country. When creating a player mission, the country of the player flight must match the country of the pilot you wish to use! Otherwise, mission statistics will not be recorded in the logbook."

Ah yes, apologies I missed that.

I had no idea the log book worked that way. That's really annoying. Theoretically then we need separate pilots for every country that has player-flyable aircraft.

I'd much rather the log book recorded my achievements & statistics, as in me the human player, rather than having to have separate pilots for every nation I'm pretending to fly for in any given mission :glare:

Edited to add: the current system would have been fine in the early days of DCS World where having a Russian pilot & a US pilot would cover you for probably 85% of all missions, but we passed that point a long time ago now. Time for the log book to be re-thought & improved I think.

Edited by DarkFire

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

I cited manual as a possible direction to solve to a problem. One should note that it is dated 2013 and many things may have been changed since.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria