Hall Sensor? Magnet?

For a throttle, I see people using one magnet, some use 2, even 4. What's the difference? Is more better?

My plan was to use one, on the shaft of the throttle I'm building, with the sensor in front of it, using Arduino Pro Micro with MMjoy2

Thanks, Marc..

It's unclear what you're asking. A hall sensor senses differences in magnetic fields in order to determine angular position. How many magnets used is dependent on the hall sensor; some only need 1, some need 4. There is no "best" just as there's no best number of tires for a vehicle; you could be riding a unicycle, bicycle, or car, all which need a different number of tires.

"Best" magnet for contactless sensor is diametrically magnetized rings, as Goblin say.

If ring is not available two opposite square magnets - e.g. in the "Bic" assembly, make a bit easy tune the magnet field relatively to sensor, as the magnet field will work like in diametrically magnetized ring.

But for short angle movement just one square magnet wok OK, e.g for rudder pedal brake axis.