Tutorial: How to create special Kneeboard pages for certain aircraft

Based on AlaskanGrizzly's post , I think I have figured out how the subfolder (in Kneeboard foler) should be named such that once you are in the cockpit of corresponding aircraft, the kneeboard can only load the certain pages (To reduce the tons of pages in current situation).

I think the name follows this rule:

create an SP mission and set preferred AC as client. Then after entering the game, there will be an AC list which should look like this:

PILOT Mi-8MT (xxxxx)

PILOT Su-27 (xxxxx)

PILOT F-86F Sabre (xxxxx)

where (xxxxx) is the group name defined in ME, while the name after 'PILOT'. e.g. Mi-8MT/F-86F Sabre is used as the name of subfolder. AlaskanGrizzly tested most of thm and I tested F-86F and Mi-8. And I also think for future ACs, like MiG-21BIS, they should follow the same rule.

You can put the subfolders in DCS/Bazar/Terrain/Kneeboard or Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard and they have the same effect.

Then to view the certain pages in each AC, you should use ] to right direction.

Here is the subfolder names for current all ACs:

A-10C

A-10A

F-15C

MiG-29S

Su-25

Su-25T

Su-27

Su-33

FW-190D9

Ka-50

P-51D

TF-51D

Uh-1H

F-86F Sabre

Mi-8MT

Thanks AlaskanGrizzly again, and hope he can make his Kneeboard app capable of this subfolder, as well as global pages.

attachment.php?attachmentid=103760&stc=1&d=1409365962

example.jpg.602f05ab9cd24e730aeab66b7812f325.jpg

Edited by uboats
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 3 weeks later...

Nice mod!!

Is there a way to add custom pages for a specific mission only? Maybe if we insert in miz file a KNEEBOARD folder with custom pages?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Thanks LiveBait! :thumbup:

Buzzles, what is the name of the folder for Mig21? "MiG-21Bis" didn't worked for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Thank you!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I didn't get it CHSubZero.

With your code, can we see MiG-21 pages in this mod?

If yes, why didn't you give us your code with code tag?

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Here is the working code. If you add this in init.lua () it will scan Bazar\Terrain\Kneeboard\Mig-21BIS\ first.

attachment.php?attachmentid=105089&d=1411756395

local terrain_path = get_terrain_related_data("KNEEBOARD")
local unit_name = get_aircraft_type()
if unit_name ~= nil then
  scan_path(terrain_path..'/'..unit_name)
end

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

I didn't get it CHSubZero.

With your code, can we see MiG-21 pages in this mod?

If yes, why didn't you give us your code with code tag?

I'm not saying his code isn't useful, but it's specifically for the following path:

I copy all my kneeboard pages to Bazar\Terrain\Kneeboard\ so it is JSGME compatible.

@Devrim, if you want it in Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard\Mig21Bis, you be best served adding the code I posted.

• 5 weeks later...

ok i managed to add custom kneeboard-pages to certain aircraft, and i also managed to add custom pages to certain missions...

what i couldnt get to work though:

-add custom pages for certain aircraft into certain missions

also, would there be a way to get rid off the default kneeboard pages on a server?so that when players join they automatically have a reduced customized kneeboard?

• 2 weeks later...

To add custom pages to the MiG-21 Kneeboard, without modifying anything, simply use its "mods" folder

X:\...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MiG-21BIS\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\CONTENT

Put you pages into this folder and they should be shown on the Mig´s kneeboard.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I have it working for my P-51D 25 NA but it doesn't work for the 30 NA model of the Mustang. What's the fix to get it to work in that cockpit?

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...
Any chance on updating the first page with the newer aircraft?

These are the ones that I use:

LmqlDGO.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB