Rift S DCS max 20FPS

Aspect

Hello Friends,

i got a big problem and im at the end of all testing and my brain hurts.

My Rig

Xeon 3.4gz - 4ghz

RTX2070 8GB

32GBRAm

DCS runs on his own SSD

Rift S

On every Single Mission, no matter how many enemy, friends on the Map. I run on max FPS with my Settings.

Now it comes: if i play on ANY MP server, it goes down to 20FPS. It Stuck there. no higher not lower.

So i test: Quality down, PD from 0.5 - 2.5, AA from nothing to 16. Nothing, it stucks on 20.

And yes i see the low FPS it dont feels good.

GPU Load on SP Mission at 80%, on MP Server at 40-50%,

CPU Load on SP Mission at 40-70%, on MP lower than 40%,

I try to get DCS on Single Core and Multicore settings, no impact.

I Try all settings in Nvidia control panel. No Impact in MP.

I hope someone can help me.

There is no obvious reason from that, I run less hardware myself.

FPS settings are (at least on my setup) based of the rule of

90 FPS no VR = 45 FPS in VR

45 FPS no VR = 22 FPS in VR

22 = 11 etc

Each step down caps, so if you are one FPS under 45, I get 22 FPS.

It would help if you measure your FPS in 2D and then check the same in VR, on the same mission, then report the same for a specific server online, with it's name. use the same way of capturing, in game, the DCS FPS keybinding.

There is usually a loss of FPS online, I think it's capped by the Servers own FPS rate, so depends on their mission and performance. However, if you say it's all servers, then you need to provide those four tests to give clarity and the name of the server you are using, with some basic ping times and the same setup repeated so you measure the same way each time.

For example, if you give me a screen shot of you in VR on the 104th with low terrain distance, PD 1.5, and it's 20 FPS, then you have some more complex issue.

Edited by Pikey

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

@Pikey

In Non VR my FPS are over 100 at Same Missions. Expect from Mulitpayer. But there are about 10-20 FPS lower.

If all servers are Capped, why friends are getting with lower PC Rig more FPS then me on same Settings?

Something should impact in VR and i dont know what.

Things like shadows, textures and other stuff like that is what I would turn down first. In fact if you are having issues. Literally turn everything to low/off and see how it is. Then start turning things up.

You should be aiming for 45fps btw, don't expect more than that.

System wise, I don't know what to tell you, CPU might be the issue is all I got. And it should be noted that for all older Intel CPU's they had to be "patched" due to the various "exploits" that they found, which can kill 20% or more of your older machine performance, the fact its a Xeon might also mean the software patches weren't as well optimized as other procs. But I'm not sure thats your issue.

I assume you also have nothing else running in the background etc.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

That CPU dude....I dont think, your gonna get that to run any better....

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

That CPU dude....I dont think, your gonna get that to run any better....

Upon a 2 second search, even the fastest xeons seem to hot garbage. Nothing over 1000. So at a guess thats your problem. Most modern passmark scores are 2-3k

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Indeed, that CPU is trash for gaming and always has been. In general, server parts are designed to slowly serve lots of users rather than 1 user quickly. Xeons are particularly bad on that point.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

Indeed, that CPU is trash for gaming and always has been. In general, server parts are designed to slowly serve lots of users rather than 1 user quickly. Xeons are particularly bad on that point.

Not true at all:

I had a xeon x5650 Six core stock 2.6 ghz clocked to just under 4 ghz with a Asus P6x58d-e MotherBoard.

Used with my old cv1 cost 40 pounds was fine for most games on moderate setting,

So i change my System

Ryzen 7 3800x with 32 GB DDR 3200, Watercooling, RTX2070, Fresh Windows.

Uh PD 1.9, all High without MSAA and SAA.

Multiplayer are low FPS, 20-25.

And no, its not acceptable to PD1.5 and Low Settings. My Head burns after 30min looking on unsharp instruments.

So maybe we get Mulitcore Support?

TrackIR.

You could try a 2080ti, that should allow you (or require you) to push your PD to the levels you like. But even then, one suspects you're pushing settings (vis range, shadows) that are just flogging your CPU too hard. Remember, in VR you have to render each frame twice, DCS has a hard enough time rendering it once.

Look, us VR types cheerfully live with compromises because we really dig VR. I will freely admit my life would be much, much simpler if I could live without it.

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

Look, us VR types cheerfully live with compromises because we really dig VR. I will freely admit my life would be much, much simpler if I could live without it.

:thumbup:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2