Stopwatch?

derammo

How would an F/A-18C pilot keep track of a timer that wasn't part of the mission plan? In other words, let's say you want to start a timer right now when someone on the radio tells you '5 minutes' or something like that. Is that something you do in your head or is there a stopwatch or timer utility you can start? Do you keep your high school track coach stopwatch bolted to the side of the cockpit? :)

I am asking in case either

a) there is already a system or

b) it might make sense for me to add a stopwatch tool to my Helios UI

:-)9450d98656224b31495033dc67dfa18c.jpg

That. Don't know why people don't anyways value more the stopwatches in their aircrafts, as that is one of the most critical ways to not just navigate, but as well organize the attacks and cooperate with other pilots.

The F10 map really should be disabled in the multiplayer servers, as it does nothing good for peoples skills to fly these aircrafts. And while doing it, as well disable the kneeboard shortcut to mark the aircraft position in it.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

"Pretty" watches are usually pretty useless.

Typically the more expensive the watch is, less "bling bling" it is.

But then the collector items (prices in millions) are unique items, has belonged to celebrities or otherwise famous for some other reason (like a pocket watch of the Titanic captain), but one can as well make them more expensive by adding so many jewels on it that price is over 50 million or so.

But the typical $4 000 - 30 000 watches are "plain" by looks.

But if you just want to know the time in aircraft, you really don't need to put so much money to it...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

How would an F/A-18C pilot keep track of a timer that wasn't part of the mission plan? In other words, let's say you want to start a timer right now when someone on the radio tells you '5 minutes' or something like that. Is that something you do in your head or is there a stopwatch or timer utility you can start? Do you keep your high school track coach stopwatch bolted to the side of the cockpit? :)

I am asking in case either

a) there is already a system or

b) it might make sense for me to add a stopwatch tool to my Helios UI

Yes, you can simply depress the ET button on the IFEI to start a timer.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria