Do you Think ED will support Hand Tracking?

Larkis

No I don't own it, if I did I would happily do a video for you, and I don't have any figures for you.

I have a VIVE COSMOS now and I am waiting for the built in hand tracking they have spoken of with the removable front plate on the COSMOS.

Thing is that there have been some guys that bought capto gloves and they said it doesn't actually work with DCS (sales vids from capto glove being the contrary point). I'd just like to know one way or another as I would consider them if they worked/worked well. I do see the options for them in the game.

Also I haven't heard any reviews about the cosmos? How is it?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

And I very much can keep my HOTAS mapped like in real life, AND click on everything else in the pit, just like I would if I were actually flying it. Super immersive.

THIS!

I have done this since Oculus Touch Controllers got support in DCS (before that you could just move your virtual gloves in cockpit).

Makes almost real life immersion by requiring you to move hand around in the cockpit.

And requiring to learn how to fly while you are operating cockpit with one hand only, means you are not going to operate right side of cockpit while holding stick with right hand. And middle of fight, you don't so easily operate cockpit as you don't have all functions binded to HOTAS. Like master arm switch can be seriously forgotten middle of the flight, requiring to take hand off from throttle to flip it right.

I would never go back to binding functions to HOTAS that doesn't belong there, as much as I just can.

Why I really would like to get hand tracking so no controllers are required in hands of any kinds. Just use your own HOTAS and look something, move hand and pinch it to operate.

Leap Motion would become best 22€ spent, instantly by having native support for it in DCS.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Today Capto Glove has released a DCS Package for $350.

https://www.captoglove.com/shop/digital-combat-simulation-dcs-bundle-suite/

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

IMHO, ED should ASAP implement support for Leap Motion, especially its ORION SDK. So that not just VR users, but as well 2D display users can get a virtual 3D mouse cursor in cockpit to click things (pointer follows index finger tip) or rotate knobs etc (index finger and thumb tips used to find when user grabs a knob and how the rotation is done by tracking the whole hand turning).

That ED should have done years ago already...

And now notice how only time when the action is taken, is when one pinch index and thumb together.

I wouldn't mind in DCS cockpit to see such "skeleton" hand instead gloves, but the virtual gloves could work as well with that. But if there are buttons, I would like to push them just with index finger. If there are switches, then need to "pinch" them, as well knobs. And if there are handles like ejection seat or landing chute, then grab them.

Valve Index has the slot especially for this kind projects in minds!

https://preview.redd.it/73d2w98mes731.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&742a7add

That is a fancy, a Leap Motion used to emulate the Index controllers in SteamVR. So you don't need to have Index controllers to have a individual finger tracking etc.

What could ED do with all these already existing drivers and so on for Leap Motion...

Hello,

Take a look at this

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218484

Corei7 2600K 4.4Ghz OC - NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb - 16 Gb DDR3

HP Reverb PRO HMD - Thrusmaster TWCS + TopGun Stick

I get only the ejection Seat Working ,but nothing else.

You have to solve your LeapMotion SteamVR installation issue before trying to use DCLeap.

Today Capto Glove has released a DCS Package for $350.

https://www.captoglove.com/shop/digital-combat-simulation-dcs-bundle-suite/

Saw it. But, I'm not sure it actually works.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You have to solve your LeapMotion SteamVR installation issue before trying to use DCLeap.
Yes but it is not so easy. Leap Motion have to work in Windows Mixed Reality before I can install it on SteamVR I Think.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

Yes but it is not so easy. Leap Motion have to work in Windows Mixed Reality before I can install it on SteamVR I Think.

No it doesn’t, there’s no LeapMotion driver for Windows Mixed Reality, only for SteamVR.

I install all drivers and Software find,but don't see Controllers in SteamVR with Leap Motion. Otherwise I see the Boxes and can grap the Bar for the Ejection Seat and release it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]