Hornet Updates - ED Please Respond

jwflowersii

ED,

I've been a loyal customer since the release of the A-10 module. I'm highly discouraged that a newly released product has received features we have been waiting patiently for on the Hornet for two years. Your team stated Hornet resources would not be diverted, however, this appears to not be the case. I don't see how the Track While Scan feature that we've been patiently waiting for has arrived on the Viper prior to a product released two years ago. It is not okay to divert development resources to another product while you have unfinished products with features missing originally planned on. This is a serious breach of customer trust and I sincerely hope you realize the trust you have lost. Early Access means you will finish the products features and prioritize those features prior to releasing other new content. Unfortunately, my greatest fears have been realized and my trust has been broken. I hope this is a one time occurence, but it really is poor form from ED.

• ED Team

Hey jw, I can understand your frustration, but we did state that we would be diverting some manpower to the Viper for release, when we did so, the decision was made to leave the radar guy to tie up some final things on the Viper, this was including TWS, and then moving him back to Hornet, which you will be seeing soon as stated in the Newsletter, TWS is and will be a high focus for the Hornet, and the developments made on the Viper should smooth the way for easier implementation to the Hornet now.

It's unfortunate that things like this do need to happen and happen all the time, with a smaller team, we do need to adjust and move people around from time to time. Work on the Hornet has not stopped though, and other team members are hard at work, and after 1.5 years, we have come a long way. The Viper and the Hornet will now help feed each other development-wise going forward. For such a small team and niche market, we really need to balance new releases and continued development.

While this might not be the answers you want, I hope you understand a little better why things like this do happen. We do appreciate your support and will take your opinion into consideration moving forward.

Thanks

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Hey jw, I can understand your frustration, but we did state that we would be diverting some manpower to the Viper for release, when we did so, the decision was made to leave the radar guy to tie up some final things on the Viper, this was including TWS, and then moving him back to Hornet, which you will be seeing soon as stated in the Newsletter, TWS is and will be a high focus for the Hornet, and the developments made on the Viper should smooth the way for easier implementation to the Hornet now.

It's unfortunate that things like this do need to happen and happen all the time, with a smaller team, we do need to adjust and move people around from time to time. Work on the Hornet has not stopped though, and other team members are hard at work, and after 1.5 years, we have come a long way. The Viper and the Hornet will now help feed each other development-wise going forward. For such a small team and niche market, we really need to balance new releases and continued development.

While this might not be the answers you want, I hope you understand a little better why things like this do happen. We do appreciate your support and will take your opinion into consideration moving forward.

Thanks

However ED spins this, the fact is that the Viper has become the overwhelming priority, and the Hornet has been prioritized to the state of progress coming to a crawl. You say this "needs to happen", but did it? The explanation is that the two projects will feed each other, but from the customer's perspective, the Hornet is now the red headed stepchild (or perhaps a foster child after the cheque from Social Services has been cashed) that may eventually get the favoured child's hand-me-downs. The Viper received TWS and TGP slew to waypoints very quickly, while Hornet owners have waited months for both features. It doesn't feel like the two are getting equal treatment in a two way sharing relationship. It's Viper first all the way... and maybe new features eventually trickle down to the Hornet.

EA buyer beware.

• ED Team
However ED spins this, the fact is that the Viper has become the overwhelming priority, and the Hornet has been prioritized to the state of progress coming to a crawl. You say this "needs to happen", but did it? The explanation is that the two projects will feed each other, but from the customer's perspective, the Hornet is now the red headed stepchild (or perhaps a foster child after the cheque from Social Services has been cashed) that may eventually get the favoured child's hand-me-downs. The Viper received TWS and TGP slew to waypoints very quickly, while Hornet owners have waited months for both features. It doesn't feel like the two are getting equal treatment in a two way sharing relationship. It's Viper first all the way... and maybe new features eventually trickle down to the Hornet.

EA buyer beware.

As stated in the newsletter, the focus is shifting back to the Hornet after this next OB.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team
I think i speak for most of your customers when i say: you have not lost our trust.

You increased the quality and speed of your updates/releases each year.

Just keep up the good work.

Thanks for the support Gooseman, we appreciate it.

64Sig.png

I think i speak for most of your customers when i say: you have not lost our trust.

You increased the quality and speed of your updates/releases each year.

Just keep up the good work.

Yep, same here. Rock on, ED. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Chiming in with words of support here, too. The Hornet has gotten stuff in EVERY update, some minor, mostly major. It is clearly being communicated that work will continue with increased manpower in the coming weeks.

You guys are doing great and I am happy to be part of your EA programs, seeing the modules mature whilst being able to take part in the process through bug reports. Please continue your good work!

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Hey jw, I can understand your frustration, but we did state that we would be diverting some manpower to the Viper for release,

Unacceptable, those users claiming that we should be patient are just outright wrong, clearly shifting modules of a new flashy nature has become more important than finishing a product.

I do not support this behavior. How can you put this feature on an aircraft that has been out a shorter length of time by a period of 2 years!

We need commitment, we purchase EA on the understanding that the features promised are being worked on...

Of course ED's work is fantastic and revolutionary, nobody is discounting that...

I'm disappointed

I appreciate the work that ED is doing because it is creating excellent modules. In my opinion, the problem is too much time taken for the release of significant updates, for example the F-18 does not even have an indicator on HUD for TPOD ... it has been stopped for too long now.

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

The Important thing is update is very slow. Just this is reason. Hornet Early Access going to 3 years old. of course Dev are hard working, but important thing is customers now so hard to waiting for final product. their patience going to end.

of course if already developed thing are working correctly, users can wait more. but look hornet, INS is has bug when cold start, still nothing to enjoyable thing with super high tech 4th gen jet fighter in DCS world. we are still make mission and server in hard working.

my squadron people saying, "DCS need just two thing, first is full completed and bug free high tech multi-role jet fighter and Play Ground as like Dynamic Campaign"

DCS is not have neither. of course it is planned already. but important thing is super slow develop. customers are feeling this.

Now DCS level is not good game for usual combat flight simulator users. DCS great for study about tactic and do something in specific situation(expectable situation what when enemy coming).

it is all. I am still waiting DCS have dynamic campaign and final 4th gen multi role product. Now, I am waiting 10 years more.

나의 SM-G930S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Thanks for the support Gooseman, we appreciate it.

NineLine,

I appreciate the comment, however, how do you expect people who purchased a product two years ago to feel when features that have been missing get added to another product. It may make sense from an engineering standpoint to a degree, but for people waiting patiently it seems to leave a different message. I'm sure you can understand the frustration when many items are still left incomplete. I'm sorry, but two years is a long time for an early access standpoint. Appearances matter when making business decisions as well.

Unacceptable, those users claiming that we should be patient are just outright wrong, clearly shifting modules of a new flashy nature has become more important than finishing a product.

I'm no business genius but if they can't put out new modules while they keep finishing the ones that are already out, ED will run out of cash, finishing the F18 and F16 will take years! We need to keep in mind that it's business and the only way they can gives us a EA and solely work on that plane until it's finish is if they change their business into a subscription base one.

Do you one a yearly subscription of DCS World ?? I DON'T!

Now I do realize that releasing TWS first on F16 will upset people who bought the F18 years ago and still does not have this feature.

ED you could have holded the release of TWS and instead doing it at the same time in both F16 and F18, you guys would had avoid an angry mob..

Edited by Neon_20

if ED need money for develop, just DCS make to montly subscrib. monthly 10 dollar? I can. I spent huge money to my flight devices. if ED need money for develop, how about think the monthly subscrib. I can pay in happy.

ED you could have holded the release of TWS and instead doing it at the same time in both F16 and F18, you guys would had avoid an angry mob..

Exactly this. This would've kept most Hornet customers happy. I certainly will not be participating in any more EA moving forward.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

Exactly this. This would've kept most Hornet customers happy. I certainly will not be participating in any more EA moving forward.

Yes and no, maybe....since ED has said that they kept the Hornet team working on the Viper to meet their minimum requirements for a Steam release (which promised TWS). If they can't release TWS, then the team doesn't move back over to the Hornet which was the whole purpose of moving them in the first place. So you're looking at delaying the Hornet's development further by delaying TWS in the Viper, effectively kicking yourself in the junk. At this point, it's lose/lose for the Hornet until December/January.

if ED need money for develop, just DCS make to montly subscrib. monthly 10 dollar? I can. I spent huge money to my flight devices. if ED need money for develop, how about think the monthly subscrib. I can pay in happy.

"I can... I spent... I can"... and what about the others ?

Have you stopped and think about other people for a minute ?

So according to your idea: people that have already invested a LOT on DCS related software (modules, etc), would now have to start spending continuously, to be able to keep using the modules they've paid in full already ?? :lol:

Please, stop the nonsense.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Thanks

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4100296&postcount=29

@nineline : still confident for the end of the month ?

"I can... I spent... I can"... and what about the others ?

Have you stopped and think about other people for a minute ?

So according to your idea: people that have already invested a LOT on DCS related software (modules, etc), would now have to start spending continuously, to be able to keep using the modules they've paid in full already ?? :lol:

Please, stop the nonsense.

I agree with you AND I'll add (because Eagle Dynamics already answered) :

Those who want to give money to support ED : (I guess you already have all modules)

1) Buy a module

2) Open a thread "module giveaway" write in it "first to post here I'll give the name to ED and transfer this module".

3) That's it ! (do that as often as you are comfortable with !)